Talk

Advanced search

Best websites for young childrens shoes?

(7 Posts)
PinkyDinkyDooToo Mon 25-Aug-08 18:54:02

I am soon going to be buying DS2 (11mo) his first pair of shoes. I don't want Clarks as they are all ugly IMO. I eill be getting his feet measured but am looking for somewhere to get him more interesting shoes.

Help please!

DontCallMeBaby Mon 25-Aug-08 19:13:04

The Startrite website has downloadable measures for kids' feet, and videos showing how to fit different styles of shoes. The latter might be useful wherever you get the shoes from.

PinkyDinkyDooToo Mon 25-Aug-08 19:41:16

THank you, that is really helpful. I will have a look. smile

nickytwotimes Mon 25-Aug-08 19:42:55

We go to a small independent store. They are much better than Clarks, ime.
ds usually ends up with Primigi shoes. They are pricey but he is only now onto his 3rd pair and he is 2!

PinkyDinkyDooToo Mon 25-Aug-08 20:16:24

Nicky, my problem is that I live in a rural location, so don't have independants near me, or that is what I would do. I don't mind about the cost as I would rather pay more for shoes I liked than spend £20 -30 in Clarks on ones I hate

SquiffyHock Mon 25-Aug-08 20:22:15

Startrite have started selling online now. You can also get some HushPuppies from Amazon of all places! They are easy to fit as they come with different insoles - if child's foot fits on the insole they are the right size then vary the insole for width/depth. (does that make any sense??)

Just bear in mind that Clarks sizing is often different (bigger) than others.

Verbaudet do sweet shoes and you can buy a foot gauge from them which might be worth it if you are going to buy online regularly.

PinkyDinkyDooToo Mon 25-Aug-08 20:41:10

THe Vertbaudet ones are gorgeous. I get so sick of navy or brown boring shoes. They are much more my style

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now