Talk

Advanced search

Am I mad for booking myself in for a brazilian tomorrow????

(70 Posts)
oopsadaisyangel Mon 25-Aug-08 12:46:51

What have I let myself in for!! Getting Married on Sat and going away on Sunday and thought "why the hell not go the whole hog!" Getting scared about it now though!!

Reassure me please grin

EelCod Mon 25-Aug-08 12:47:08

no
you must be mad
is he havign his done

oopsadaisyangel Mon 25-Aug-08 12:48:23

grin

No but he does trim grin

aGalChangedHerName Mon 25-Aug-08 12:49:19

Bad time to experiment with a brazillian imo.

I ended up with an ingrown hair and lots of sore inflamed skin the first time i had it done.

Not attractive for your honeymoon.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 25-Aug-08 12:49:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 25-Aug-08 12:50:42

solo Mon 25-Aug-08 12:50:47

Cancel!!! (the Brazillian, not the Wedding/Honeymoon).

jamescagney Mon 25-Aug-08 12:51:22

had it done regularly before marriage and kids! are you ok with waxing generally?
must say I felt "clean" afterwards and had no probs at all.
Husband said after about 5 years of brazilians that he preferred the yeti - like me though!
have a wonderful time!

jamescagney Mon 25-Aug-08 12:52:06

on the honeymoon, not at the beauty salon..smile

oopsadaisyangel Mon 25-Aug-08 12:54:38

ha ha ha ha!

Regularly have a normal bikini just thought I'd give the full thing a go - will see how I'm feeling when I get there!!

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 25-Aug-08 12:55:36

cafebistro Mon 25-Aug-08 12:59:08

I used to get in done all the time when me and DP first started going out but dont bother as much nowadays. It feels much cleaner and im sure your DH will appreciate it! I used to take to paracetamol before hand!!

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 25-Aug-08 13:00:35

pushchair Mon 25-Aug-08 13:19:15

My friends who have their bits done talk about cleaner too! Is it just very fashionable these days do you reckon? Who do you all do it for?

cafebistro Mon 25-Aug-08 13:25:00

I originally did it for DP as I thought it would be a suprise for the bedroom. But once I'd had it done I quite liked it and the 'upkeep' is much less painful and quicker than the first time. i felt cleaner as..well to put it bluntly..there are no hairs there so its easier to clean when youve had a wee, plus less sweaty when its hot...sorry u did ask! grin

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 25-Aug-08 13:27:11

oopsadaisyangel Mon 25-Aug-08 13:27:22

I'm doing it for me!! Fancy giving it a go so am!

DP doesn't really have a preference to hairy or not - after 11 years with spells of going au natural - he has never once complained. When I told him I was getting it done he just laughed and said does that mean he has to have a trim then! grin

pushchair Mon 25-Aug-08 13:27:58

Ive always wondered- what position do ou have to adopt? Saw Carrie in Sex in the city with legs in the air.

cafebistro Mon 25-Aug-08 13:31:18

Oh malory come on you've never had a sweaty fanjo...ur such a liar!!
Positions...well to get underneath u pull ur knee to your chest..

traceybath Mon 25-Aug-08 13:36:16

i have recently converted to brazilians. As long as the beautician is good i find them pretty painless.

I have everything off and much prefer it. You do have to put legs in air and pull skin and ummm separate certain bits to get a total hair-free finish but i'm normally too busy chatting to get embarassed.

pushchair Mon 25-Aug-08 13:43:45

And um am sorry to get so personal but what about those of us with hair that extends quite far round where do they stop? Will they recoil in horror?

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 25-Aug-08 13:45:44

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 25-Aug-08 13:46:06

pigleto Mon 25-Aug-08 13:47:25

always been a yeti myself and dp never complained but chemo has left me kojak in that area and I like it so much I am going to keep it that way.

cafebistro Mon 25-Aug-08 14:01:18

Pushchair....they'll just keep going round. Or they'll ask whether you want any more off!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now