Talk

Advanced search

Bad facial. Complain?

(11 Posts)
sheilatakeabow Mon 25-Aug-08 08:50:24

I went for a facial on Saturday, at a place I've been to before, using the brand I usually use. The lady used the same as she has done before, apart from one thing, which she said at the time might 'tingle'. It did, but I didn't really think anything of it. yesterday, I woke up with a big, red, blotchy, itchy face, worse than it's ever been before. Do I go back to complain? On the one hand, there was no malice or incompetence, just bad luck I suppose. On the other, I paid for this to make me look and feel good, and it's had precisely the opposite effect.
Has anyone else ever gone back to complain? What can I expect? And does anyone have any tips for calming down a blotcht, itchy, red face?

missorinoco Mon 25-Aug-08 09:08:12

I would complain. Definately. And soon. They need to know what happened. I would be surprised if a red blotchy itchy face was the intended result. Sounds like you may have had an allergic reaction to what they used.

Try Piriton. I think you can buy it over the counter, but it might make you drowsy, so I would avoid driving after taking a tablet until you see the effect it has on you.

Good luck.

tissy Mon 25-Aug-08 09:11:50

It's not their fault that you are allergic to one of the products, but you should let them know, so they can note it and not use it again.

sheilatakeabow Mon 25-Aug-08 09:17:13

No, that's kind of why I'm hesitant - it's not their fault, so why complain? I'm not a complainer by nature, but I feel shit. And slightly like it's my own fault for being vain...

Lazarou Mon 25-Aug-08 09:48:20

WHat did she use?

sheilatakeabow Mon 25-Aug-08 09:54:42

It was dermalogica stuff, which is fine for me, what I use normally, but this was some kind of cream exfoliator which I didn't expect to make my face fall off!

missorinoco Mon 25-Aug-08 10:05:16

yes, sorry, i didn't mean complain in a go back and tell them off type way. more in a "this has happened to me" fashion, so they know.

it's a little harsh to blame yourself for having a facial!

sheilatakeabow Mon 25-Aug-08 10:08:13

I will, see if they can help too, but that'll be tomorrow now, and I've got to go to work sad. Oh bugger...

bluebell1 Mon 25-Aug-08 10:51:21

Dermalogica have a newish product that can be used for professional use only with any of there exfoliaters but it is really strong and needs to be used properly.I would go back to the salon so the therapist can see whats happened and she will have a record of what she used and needs to record what you are allergic to.The therapist will advise you what to do.

HeadFairy Mon 25-Aug-08 10:54:08

I would complain, but not in anyway that blames them iyswim. They may be able to do something to ease the symptoms or calm it down a bit.

sheilatakeabow Mon 25-Aug-08 12:30:13

Thanks for your help people. They're closed today, but will be down tomorrow to complain very nicely and see what the hell they can do about me. meanwhile, I'll keep my head down and try not to make eye contact

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now