(15 Posts)
bloss Sun 24-Aug-08 20:58:55

Message withdrawn

bloss Sun 24-Aug-08 21:05:36

Message withdrawn

robinpud Tue 26-Aug-08 08:48:14

Hi Bloss-
shops that are worth looking in are probably
Principles- they do a petite range which will suit you; Next- online as well as shops- reasonable prices and do a petite line too. M and s are good but avoid Per Una apart from the knitwear. Mand S and Next deliver quickly and returns are easy.
It's also worth looking in the various supermarkets like Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda if you can get to decent sized branches as they often have reasonable pieces.
I would look for some tailored trousers and a couple of tops a bit like this here that you can dress up with cheap jewellery and then perhaps wear a short sleeve jumper over. you will be cold at work I'm sure! Long boots will be vital for all year winter!

My shipping took far longer than promised btw

macherie Tue 26-Aug-08 09:29:02

I think jersey wrap dresses would really flatter your figure, they are great at disguising tummies, and will emphasise all your good points! They are a pretty popular, classic style, I'm sure you'd find one on the high street. I'm on the petite side myself and find wedges great for a bit of height and more comfortable than heels. There are great, cheap necklaces around at the moment, which would finish your outfit off nicely wink

bloss Tue 26-Aug-08 09:50:09

Message withdrawn

Aefondkiss Tue 26-Aug-08 10:00:14

dress here page 13 what do you think of the shape? style, it would go well with knee high boots, I know it is a bit pricey.

Do you have favourite colours?

Monsoon petite would be worth a look, there new autumn winter range isn't online yet.

I would probably hesitate to get a jersey wrap dress, I am a couple of inches shorter than you and wrap dresses emphasise my shortness.

Aefondkiss Tue 26-Aug-08 10:58:21

dress but you might want a shrug with that.

top which isn't very exciting but I think it would be good for work too?

Oasis had a dress in a similar colour to that top, simple but pretty, here but maybe not great for a night out? I would wear it with boots not shoes.

bloss Tue 26-Aug-08 13:48:19

Message withdrawn

bloss Tue 26-Aug-08 15:24:04

Message withdrawn

Aefondkiss Tue 26-Aug-08 15:37:22

fishnet, or like the model, opaque, I think, but I am not sure about these things because I seldom/never wear dresses.

Might get a chance later to help you look for shoes, I love looking at shoes on the net grin

robinpud Tue 26-Aug-08 15:52:39

I would just get a great pair of jeans for going out with friend.. then a cheap top from somewhere like H and M or even New Look. You will wear the jeans plently whilst you're here. Wear them with heels.

For work I guess some simple tailoring would be the answer. Shoes for work- court shoes with opaques are fine- very now, as long as shoes are current

robinpud Tue 26-Aug-08 15:57:19

Sorry- window cleaner came..
If you need stuff then Kew which have shops and do mail order is worth a look, White Stuff do some nice tops but I don't think the bottoms will be suitable. If you have a decent Debenhams, then they should give you a range of places to look at within their concessions.

re shipping-- you're not shipping over xmas like we did and you're not using Sevenseas I hope!

Aefondkiss Tue 26-Aug-08 20:38:13

another possibility?

Aefondkiss Tue 26-Aug-08 20:43:33

oops they were for another thread, sorry, I have links for shoes, I think the shoes are important, so I wouldn't get anything that is for the office.. imo.

Aefondkiss Tue 26-Aug-08 20:48:40

these grintake your pick.. so many colours.

I like all the platform type high heels out just now, they are not too pretty, they look very strong and sexy, nothing too delicate would be good with that dress, not sure if that link will work, because I am struggling to get office links to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now