Talk

Advanced search

Okay, I admit it, I should have done it weeks ago. Please talk to me about school trousers for dd1 - stupid shop sizing!!!!!

(10 Posts)
TooTicky Sun 24-Aug-08 20:49:41

Dd1 (11) needs school trousers. Her waist, according to M&S size guide, is that of a 16yo. But she is not fat at all. Her legs are shortish.
Am hoping to buy online but still get something that fits. Are M&S sizes realistic ?
Help!!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TooTicky Sun 24-Aug-08 20:51:17

Oh, and she'd like a zip pocket...

Califrau Sun 24-Aug-08 20:56:09

TooTicky Sun 24-Aug-08 20:56:16

Ach, but the shops are useless and never actually have things in stock <grrrr>

TooTicky Sun 24-Aug-08 20:57:58

hmm indeed at husky
But in any case, you always hear about about Americans being obese, so you'd think their sizing would reflect this.

Califrau Sun 24-Aug-08 21:50:58

FluffyMummy123 Sun 24-Aug-08 21:52:46

Message withdrawn

Clary Mon 25-Aug-08 00:42:53

Not bought M&S trousers for girls but have found from trying on that DD (7) tends to wear a size 7 skirt well pulled in.

Just got her a tracksuit from there in size 7-8 top and size 6 bottoms which fits well hmm

She is very skinny and average-ish height, certainly not the tallest. Put it this way, she can wear pass-on jeans from her best buddy who is 2 mo older than her (and slightly taller and stockier - not much tho)

Any help?

You need to go and try on. Call and order what you need first - you don't have to buy it.

TooTicky Mon 25-Aug-08 21:25:38

Hmm, it's all so generalisewd, that's the problem. There should be more adjustable waists and variety of leg lengths.
Cod, some of the next ones seem a funny shape. Also, they're not good on pockets, which dd1 NEEDS. <sigh>
I fear it is the hell that is M&S hell in Bath, Salisbury, Bristol or Swindon <shudder>
Which is the best stocked?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now