Talk

Advanced search

further to my other thread .whats so special about SEVEN jeans?

(16 Posts)
widgypog Sun 24-Aug-08 17:51:34

I am struggling to find jeans that fit..whats so special about Seven jeans...can any lovers of them tell me.. I am seriuosly considering buying some as Next do them now I can get a few sizes delivered and try them on..what do you think?

widgypog Sun 24-Aug-08 17:52:51

here

MrsMattie Sun 24-Aug-08 17:54:00

I find them a bit too bootcut and a bit too low rise for my liking, but I know people who rave about them.

Mercy Sun 24-Aug-08 17:58:14

How much? shock

widgypog Sun 24-Aug-08 18:09:59

I know they are alot but I spend so much on jeans that dont fir properly I just thought that maybe I should 'invest' in some decent ones. I know people rave about them so thought there must be something about them..

mattie..what do you mean by too bootcut please?

hopefully Sun 24-Aug-08 18:14:21

I have a pair (pregnant, so they don't fit at the moment!), and they are amazingly flattering. however, I also have a pair of diesel jeans, that were much cheaper and equally flattering. I've also tried on other expensive jeans that have looked crap - I think it depends entirely on your shape. If you can face a trip to a big department store to try on loads of different brands, that's the best solution. Designer jeans also definitely not more hardwearing than cheaper ones.

My cousin looks amazing in gap jeans, and crap in my Sevens, so there's definitely no guarantee that expensive is good...

FruitynNutty Sun 24-Aug-08 18:15:51

I find the more expensive the jeans the better they seem to fit, unfortunately sad
The cheaper they are, the more elastic they are which don't hold me in very nicely.
I have one pair of Seven jeans which I treated myself to when I was given an inheritance, the rest of the money went on our 1st home smile I will always love my Seven jeans, have worn them to death, had them 2 years and only just getting a slight hole in the knee. Only because, being a Childminder, I'm on my knees all the time!
If I could afford to I would only buy Seven jeans. If you're lucky you might find a cheap pair in TK Maxx smile

widgypog Sun 24-Aug-08 18:55:41

to be honest the money isn't a problem but I am a bit tightwink and will only part with my money if they are worth it. It wasn't so much that i want them to last but I want them to fit!!!!!
I am forver frustrated by jeans not fitting. I have a curvy body but not massive..size 8-10 with a round bum and some jeans make my bum look ginormous. I have Diesel but they are annoyingly low and my bum hangs out if I am not careful.

what size and shape are you seven lovers?

btw I think I am going to treat myself to a trip to London..maybe even a personal shopper in Selfridges to get myself a decent pair.

FruitynNutty Sun 24-Aug-08 19:11:06

Seven jeans come in all sorts of sizes and shapes. Just try on every style, there will be a style for you smile Your personal shopper will be able to help you

Jewelsandgems Sun 24-Aug-08 19:15:21

I have seven jeans but mine are the black skinny ones and they are very very nice. Can't remember how much they were, but it was about 3 years ago, and they were from HOF on Oxford St. Worth the money? For me yes, but I do wear skinny jeans an awful lot.

Although I also have a pair from topshop at GBP45 and these look definately as good as, the seven ones.

I cousen of mine got some great highwaisted wide legged ones from Bloomindales and they are a brand called 'joes' which I have never heard of - but they are bloody gorgeous! The Seven ones like on that link seem to have been around for ages - too long? Perhaps think about a newer brand? Think the personal shopping at Selfridges/HOF is a great idea!

shreddies Sun 24-Aug-08 19:21:44

I had some and they were great, but when they wore out I kept trying to buy more never found a pair that fitted properly again

shreddies Sun 24-Aug-08 19:22:40

but never found a pair

LetThemEatCake Sun 24-Aug-08 19:43:44

I have a pair and love them. Bought them Selfridges, about £180 from memory and still going strong four years and two babies later. Yes, a lot of money but my reasoning is that we happily spend £100 or more on an outfit that we'll wear to ONE wedding or whatever, whereas I wear jeans prob 5 out of 7 days a week .... also lots of nights out in them. So def worth the £££.

bellavita Sun 24-Aug-08 19:46:45

I love jeans, but I can never find any to fit properly.

Doesn't help that I am only 5ft and even petite ranges are still too long.

Perhaps I should go designer...

widgypog Sun 24-Aug-08 19:47:11

thanks everyone..yes jewels those style have been around along time but they seem to be the style that i have heard are very flattering..jOES are supposed to be good. i really wanted a good pair of non-dating bootcuts if you know what I mean. I think a shopping trip to Selfridges is in order!

vicky11 Sun 24-Aug-08 20:21:46

Yes I love mine too!!! Saying that now I have two babies can't afford them anymore and I have just bought a pair of gap jeans that I lovvvee!!! I bought seven maternity jeans when I was in America and I loved them when I was pregnant, they now sell them in Selfridges!!!! Well worth even penny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now