Talk

Advanced search

When are we 'allowed' to wear our autumn/winter stuff????

(6 Posts)
Lauriefairycake Sun 24-Aug-08 17:18:06

I'm positively champing to wear skirts, tights and boots. I've just reorganised my wardrobe and put all my summer clothes into a pile (where i grumpily drag garments from every morning) and now have a lovely rail of colour co-ordinated reds/purples/blacks/greens

When ? WHen? WHEN ?????????

MrsMattie Sun 24-Aug-08 17:24:39

I'm in Uggs and a trench coat today! It was freezing this morning.

I've already done loads of autumn clothes shopping, but seeing as I only bought a few cheap rags for summer <smug that I never actually bought into their being a summer this year!> i feel justified grin

Get 'em out, I say, but layer, because if/when the sun comes out unexpectedly you'll feel all hot and bothered and stupid (as I did this afternoon in the park in my Uggs with the sun suddnely blazing! hmm)

MrsMattie Sun 24-Aug-08 17:25:05

their = there

Jewelsandgems Sun 24-Aug-08 19:19:06

Oh I know what you mean! I have a beautiful new winter coat just achng to be worn, and also eyed up my uggs today! I like the autumn phase too though, thin knit wrap cardies, silky camisole tops, fitted jackets and beautiful scarves, knee length boots, leather gloves.....

expatinscotland Sun 24-Aug-08 19:21:50

In the Western Highlands of Scotland, it's permissible to wear whatever keeps you warm all year round.

posieflump Sun 24-Aug-08 19:22:53

September is bound to be hot though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now