Advanced search

Obvious boob jobs....

(17 Posts)
KerryMum Sat 23-Aug-08 21:02:10

Why?

Especially if they are very very bad.

Why do women do this?

I don't understand.

I have small boobs (they've gotten a bit bigger lately) but I'd never dream of stuffing plastic under my skin.

eeek

GivePeasAChance Sat 23-Aug-08 21:09:01

I agree

Especially on the beach. They look wierd.

Such a shame that people feel the need to do this.

KerryMum Sat 23-Aug-08 21:10:30

i look at pics on Owned (facebook app) and there are so many women with absolutely awful boob jobs.

Do men find this attractive?

really?

msdemeanor Sat 23-Aug-08 21:13:52

If mine dangled to my knees like empty old socks I'd definitely consider surgery (mine are a bit saggy and definitely not what they were!). I think small breasts are beautiful and chic. I'd never go bigger just for being small.

Jewelsandgems Sun 24-Aug-08 12:51:54

I think for blokes, they want what they don't have. So, if they have a women with normal breasts, they lust over women with the lara croft type boob jobs!

I saw this programme on chann4 I think where this women was talking to girls who had had loads of boob jobs -all going one bigger each time. And there was this one women whos boobs were stretched so much into this unnatural shape like 2 beachballs, they looked like they would pop!

I am very happy with mine, but can understand women with droopy, flat ones wanting a boob job.

KerryMum Sun 24-Aug-08 15:01:04

but they are frankly hideous. All of them. I'd rather have natural hideous boobs than plastic silicone implants that are slowly poisoning my body

independiente Sun 24-Aug-08 17:08:10

Hi all. I'm a newbie to posting, but have lurked for a while!

KerryMum, I'd also rather have natural hideous boobs than silicone implants. Unfortunately, I had breast cancer at a pretty young age, requiring a double mastectomy - so had the choice of implants, or two long scars and a totally flat chest.
Now I do realise that you are referring to women who choose to have 'augmented breasts' for cosmetic reasons alone, but I'm sure you can understand that when I read "they are frankly hideous. All of them.", it brought a lump to my throat.
Actually, mine aren't hideous, they are extremely well done, but there is of course an 'unnatural' aspect to them. I do think I'm fairly lucky in that I generally feel pretty good about myself (even the 'plastic' bits!!!).
My reason for posting was not to make a huge deal of this (I'm also a bit perplexed when women have surgery to create really oversized boobs!) - just to point out that there are many reasons for the less 'natural' bosoms that we may see out there, and it's worth taking a moment to acknowledge that.

MrsMattie Sun 24-Aug-08 17:10:29

We were in Miami last year and the amount of dodgy boob jobs was a shocker. There were women of all sorts of ages and builds with what looked like two great big beach balls stuffed into their chest cavity. Particularly odd looking when they were lying down!

KerryMum Sun 24-Aug-08 17:16:41

indeptendiente -

actually, I had thought of this. My mum had breast cancer and a double mastectomy. She wears a padded bra.

I understand that you are a lot younger than she was at the time but I can't think that putting foreign substances in a body already traumatized by cancer is the best idea in the world.

I understand your reasons for doing so and I sympathisize and my disdain IS for women who choose to do this for cosmetic reasons alone.

KerryMum Sun 24-Aug-08 17:17:11

actually it's not a padded bra per se, it's got some sort of inserts in it.

MrsMattie Sun 24-Aug-08 17:26:59

I wouldn't like to comment on the rights and wrongs of reconstructive surgery, but I would think it is more insulting for women who have had to undergo it that there are women walking around who willingly go under the knife and butcher their own perfectly healthy breasts in order to look better (well, they think they do..)

independiente Sun 24-Aug-08 17:34:48

Hi KerryMum, thanks for responding.
You clearly have strong views about the need for implants after mastectomy, views which you are completely entitled to have.
When faced with bilateral mastectomy and possible reconstructive surgery, believe me, neither decision - either yes or no to reconstruction - can ever be the 'best idea in the world' - there is much to take into consideration, both physically and psychologically! Of course a padded bra is a possibility, and I'm glad it's worked for your mum, but it's not for everyone. But this is getting off-topic.
My point is less about the 'boobs' themselves, more about the need to sometimes take a wider view of things. My own view is that natural breasts are best, but not all 'unnatural' breasts are "hideous".

independiente Sun 24-Aug-08 17:40:13

MrsMattie, I must say I don't really understand the drive to have augmented breasts unrelated to reconstruction after cancer or trauma. But I don't feel insulted either.

MrsMattie Sun 24-Aug-08 17:46:35

Maybe 'insulted' is not the right word, but after having an emergency caesarean section, I am at a loss as to why anyone would willingly have any type of surgery unless it was medically required. That's what i was getting at, really.

independiente Sun 24-Aug-08 17:51:25

I do know what you mean, MrsMattie.
Ah well, put it down to the nature of our species - rightly or wrongly, we've always wanted to push the boundaries of what's possible when it comes to our bodies.

Heated Sun 24-Aug-08 19:00:25

We see so many silicon implanted women in the media that I think we forget sometimes what natural looking ones are meant to look like.

I spent some time looking at an ex boy band's unusually tasteful wedding picture in Ok/Hello at the dentists yesterday and realised eventually what perplexed me about the picture was the bride's unfeasibly circular poached egg breasts - when years ago I would have noticed instantly.

However, I will possibly have a preventative elective double mastectomy once in my 40s and will opt for immediate reconstruction, so who am I to judge?

Abitconcerned Sun 24-Aug-08 20:29:26

Hmm for every bd boob job there's another brilliant one which restores a woman's confidence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now