Talk

Advanced search

Please talk to me about hair dye....

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 23-Aug-08 16:11:02

I put a permanent colour on my hair about 3 weeks ago & it has completely washed out

This is not the first time - on occasions I have a hairdresser dye it & it ften washes out or doesn't last long

So which make is the longest lasting - it is to cover grey

Actually if my grey were more gold/red they would be lovely highlights hmm

TIA

piratecat Sat 23-Aug-08 16:48:32

did you leave it on long enough.

what colour is your hair, or what colour dye are you using.

i only have exp of dark brown.

MissisBoot Sat 23-Aug-08 16:49:52

I use nice n easy and leave it on for about 40 mins - normally gives pretty good coverage on most of my grey hair.
Would recommend it.

birdinatent Sat 23-Aug-08 17:01:28

I use nice and easy too, leave it on a bit longer than they say, prob around 40 mins like missisboot says. Red shades have a tendency to wash out or fade faster than other shades, so maybe thats the problem??

KatyMac Sat 23-Aug-08 18:57:12

Hmm - my hair is dark brown & I'm using dark brown

I think I used Nice & Easy.....I left it on for 40 mins (so maybe longer next time)

Thanks

piratecat Sun 24-Aug-08 18:08:40

hi,

i used to use permanents for a few yrs. Yet my hair suffered. Now i use a semi, the normal Casting one (not the more expensive Casting one)in their medium brown. I leave it on for longer than i am supposed too, but the regrowth isn't as severe, and becuase it does fade, a bit, it looks a bit more natural.

Not so harsh iyswim. I have very grey hair and i find the coverage good.

KatyMac Sun 24-Aug-08 19:57:18

Well (like the pratt I am) I used a permanent one

By Garnier

With fruit oils hmm

THIS time it has taken - but it is slightly too dark

I guess it's back to the wash in ones - thanks for the suggestion

piratecat Sun 24-Aug-08 20:07:10

hey you are not a prat, i used to love my permanent red colour, but it took a toll on myhair. I went to the hairdressers, thinking about having some highlights done, and they did a sample, and my hair practically evaporated, and fizzed, as it had no protiens left in it. So i decided, to ditch the permanent, even tho it always looked quite glossy.

I have tried alot of the semi's and the one i mentioned is the best so far.

MissisBoot Mon 25-Aug-08 20:22:25

KatyMac - if it looks too dark don't worry - the colour should lift after a few washes to teh correct colour. I always feel I'm looking v gothic for the first few days!

KatyMac Mon 25-Aug-08 21:02:46

Thanks for the reassurance

My mum loves it

DH likes it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now