Talk

Advanced search

13 yr old girl - what shoes?

(6 Posts)
surprise Fri 22-Aug-08 19:42:51

I'm so out of touch with teenage fashion. sad. Am looking for school shoes for DD - she doesn't have much idea of what's cool, other than really horrid cheap and nasty things. Could anyone tell me of a decent pair of black school shoes that would still have some street cred? Any advice on which trainers are "in" would be most appreciated too. Thanks.

brimfull Fri 22-Aug-08 20:14:20

ballet flats with a decent sole

dd going into yr 12 and out of uniform-thank god,we used to traipse miles looking for school shoes

will try and find a link

janeite Fri 22-Aug-08 20:18:10

Ugh - I have spent 3 hours traipsing round town with my 13 year old today! She has very long, narrow feet (7 and a half C) and it was a nightmare. I agree with ggirl that the only acceptable shoes for this age group at the moment are ballet shoes (to satisfy them) but with a good sole (to satisfy us). Places like Clarks, Startrite and Schuh all had lots of "chunky-ish" looking ballet shoes but they were all too wide for dd.

brimfull Fri 22-Aug-08 20:19:58

something like this maybe

janeite Fri 22-Aug-08 20:27:06

DD liked things like this:

Hush Puppies - I wouldn't let her look at any that weren't leather, or she'd have wanted horrid flat plastic things from somewhere like New Look.

janeite Fri 22-Aug-08 20:28:23

Those that you've posted ggirl, she would also have liked. Rocket Dogs aren't usually leather though and they don't last all that well in my experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now