Talk

Advanced search

oops - i massaged like a maniac in pregnancy but haven't really post birth... stretch marks

(10 Posts)
mumeroo Fri 22-Aug-08 13:39:18

suddenly appeared today - just a couple. do people recommend massaging post birth and what do you think works product wise? thanks wink

Bluebutterfly Fri 22-Aug-08 14:53:56

Hi mumeroo - I did no massage at all and, despite being the size of a bus when pg, have very few stretch marks and none on my belly.

I am a bit sceptical about massage - I think that a propensity for stretch marks are more to do with genetics than anything else...

2loudboys Fri 22-Aug-08 17:06:16

Massage with Bio oil (from Boots), or the oil out of Vit E capsules (just snip the top off the capsule & squeeze it out). Nothing will make them go completely, but either of these should fade them.

mumeroo Fri 22-Aug-08 22:00:01

i tend to agree with you bluebutterfly... in that i was lucky enough not to get with my first pregnancy... thought I'd escaped them this time too. Ah well... 2 loudboys I shall try that. I guess it goes with the territory having a few but if they faded a bit that would be great. thanks for your tip ) xx

Wuxiapian Sat 23-Aug-08 13:36:01

All to do with hormones - nothing you can do to stop the damned things.

MumRum Sat 23-Aug-08 14:48:19

I think it maybe hereditary (sp) I've had 2 8lb babies... not together I may add.. and I haven't got any stretch marks, my mum doesn't have any either...

lou33 Sat 23-Aug-08 14:52:18

mumrum is right

have had 4 kids, didnt rub anything on, no stretch marks, it's down to factors out of your control sadly

mumeroo Sun 24-Aug-08 19:52:34

yep and i can't complain really - i mean these are teeny tiny marks - my mum didn't get any so I think you ladies are right. down partly to genes. im using the bio oil though 2loudboys... worth a try getting them to fade a bit. not that you'd catch me in a bikini yet! I didn't get any with my first pregnancy so was just a bit surprised when I got some little uns with my second.

WilfSell Sun 24-Aug-08 19:55:16

Wot everyone else said. you either get em or you don't.

I look like the Nile Delta and the Ganges Delta blended together. With the Amazon delta covering my thighs too. Not good.

oi Sun 24-Aug-08 19:57:59

oh yes, I have some lovely ones that look like Edward Scissorhands got let loose on my stomach and thighs.

I don't use anything on them but I would recommend keeping them well moisturised otherwise they have a tendency to get very very itchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now