Talk

Advanced search

Ok, I'm ditching the jeans and have decided I am only going to wear lovely clothes from now on. So, where can I get these lovely clothes without breaking the bank?

(14 Posts)
Bumperlicious Thu 21-Aug-08 21:50:06

So from now on I am only going to wear pretty things and look lovely, feminine and well put together, oh and youngish, while I still can (27).

I tried this dress on the other day and am really regretting not buying it in person (looks much better on).

So, tell me your other shops/websites for lovely, maybe quirky, feminine clothes. Preferably ones I won't have to re-mortgage to buy (if, of course, I had a mortgage).

Any for further advice, you sartorially blessed ladies, for a woman on a budget how do I get together a wardrobe of beautiful things and avoid the lures and pitfalls of make-do, "just one more cheap top from Primark to update my look" clothing?

Thanks

Sputnik Thu 21-Aug-08 22:41:49

Hiya Bumper. Was about to suggest Uttam, then clicked your link.

Re putting together a wardrobe, sales are your friends. Go for stuff you love and that suits you and as long as it isn't really trendy stuff you'll be able to wear it in following years if it's decent quality.

Was just looking at this, some nice things and utter bargains.

Sputnik Thu 21-Aug-08 22:45:28

I love this but it's too white and too short for me.

JackieNo Thu 21-Aug-08 22:46:16

And don't forget charity shops - I'm getting a bit addictedblush. Always worth a quick browse, I find.

anniemac Fri 22-Aug-08 01:03:46

Message withdrawn

Bumperlicious Fri 22-Aug-08 07:56:06

Thanks all,

Sputnik, that website is fab, I neeeeed this (however I also need to pay my rent more...).

I do occasionally shop in charity shops but I mostly find it is full of primark and matalan crap, which is odd because I actually live in a very yummy town. Maybe I need to find the one that all the yummy mummys send their stuff to.

OracleInaCoracle Fri 22-Aug-08 08:09:56

wow, love that site!

Sputnik Fri 22-Aug-08 13:49:05

That shrug is gorgeous isn't it?
Alpaca lasts forever and is very warm, you will save on heating costs you know.

mabel1973 Tue 26-Aug-08 08:08:10

I'm a bit late reading this, so you've probably all disappeared by now, but Buperlicious after reading this, and going through the knees in my 1 pair of maternity jeans at the weekend, you have inspired me! grin so I bought 3 lovely (i am hoping!) 'vintage' dresses on ebay yesterday.
I have to accomodate a 6 month bump and obviously I have no idea what the dresses will be like in real life, but thought i'd tell you anyway!
Just got to get some nice thick tights to hide my milk bottle legs!

Shoegazer Wed 27-Aug-08 17:30:12

Gosh bumperlicious are you me? I'm 27 too and I'm a quirky girl hidden inside jeans and t-shirt but dying to get out and I love that dress you have been looking at.I'm going to search through those websites. I want to be more feminine too smile

Polperro Thu 28-Aug-08 13:38:21

Bumperlicious and Shoegazer, you must both be ME! I'd just ventured onto this board to post a similar plea, and find you have already asked the question for me!

Have DP ready to look after DC at the weekend and Mum lined up as shopping partner - currently 1.5 stone overweight after DD2. And I know we're going to end up in Matalan or TK Maxx, and I'm going to feel empty and dissatisfied afterwards grin

Any more fashionistas with suggestions for quirky, reasonably priced shops? My ebay experiences have been a disaster so far!

Fimbo Thu 28-Aug-08 23:03:26

Uniqlo have some shirts going for a song.

sillybigsausage Thu 28-Aug-08 23:13:27

Hi

Ebay!!!!

Pannacotta Fri 29-Aug-08 11:19:05

Great Plains have some lovely things and not too pricey
www.greatplains.co.uk/index.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now