Talk

Advanced search

Help wth wedding head wear please, its driving me crazy!

(26 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Thu 21-Aug-08 15:51:07

I am getting married in November. Dress is ivory, bridesmaid is in gold. I want something sparkly in my hair(am yet to decide on a style) but what colour? do i have to go for gold?It also has to be as cheap as humanly possible

nailpolish Thu 21-Aug-08 15:52:38

what about just a flower? same as you r bouquet

ask the florist - she will put asome sparkly bits in it too

oopsadaisyangel Thu 21-Aug-08 15:55:00

have a wee look on here - they have some lovely stuff pretty cheap grin

Good luck with the wedding (I'm getting marriedin 9 days grin)

MerlinsBeard Thu 21-Aug-08 15:57:57

I'm not going to a florist, i am going to buy a seasonal bouquet from a local flower shop (ok so i am going to a florist but only for a bunch of flowers!) and distribute that among the people who need a flower and then tie the rest with gold organza

9 days????? OMG!!!

TillyScoutsmum Thu 21-Aug-08 15:58:23

I don't think it needs to be gold..... are you wearing any jewellery ? What colour is your wedding ring ? If its yellow gold, then sticking to that might be good, otherwise white gold/silver would be fine (or an ivory flower from your bouquet as np said)

Good luck btw oopsadaisyangel. Come back onto the wedding thread and tell us all about it smile

MerlinsBeard Thu 21-Aug-08 15:58:44

what an amazing site!!

I am still stuck with the colour though!

oopsadaisyangel Thu 21-Aug-08 15:59:43

I've lost the wedding thread and can't find it - can you link me again and will gladly come and tell you all my woes!! grin

saralou Thu 21-Aug-08 16:00:53

have you picked the rest of your jewels yet? match to that? what colour is your ring???

oopsadaisyangel Thu 21-Aug-08 16:01:07

If your dress has any detail on it (i.e sparkly bits etc) then I would match your head wear to them, if not then i'd match it to the jewellery your planning on wearing (if any!) x

nailpolish Thu 21-Aug-08 16:01:23

you could make a head dress yourself - use a comb or a large clip and some gold wire to attch a big gerbera or a rose to - with some sparkly bits

i think flowers in a brides hairs is lovely

ask the artycrafty folk on mumsnet - im sure someone would do one for you

hanaflower Thu 21-Aug-08 16:02:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nailpolish Thu 21-Aug-08 16:02:27

what do you thihk suits you best?
dh always tells me i suit gold colours more that silver,

MerlinsBeard Thu 21-Aug-08 16:04:49

oh crikey...i haven't thought about jewellery! Rings are likely to be either just gold, or gold and platinum (we haven;t decided yetwink)

MerlinsBeard Thu 21-Aug-08 16:06:42

i don't think a comb would stay in my hair if i keep it down (easy option as not having a hairdresser)

but i do want to feel like a princessblush

which reminds me, is there somewhere i can buy a cheap (lol) net underskirt from to "flump" my dress a wee bit more?

Dropdeadfred Thu 21-Aug-08 16:08:45

try ebay for the underskirt.think my three hoop one was £12

nailpolish Thu 21-Aug-08 16:11:45

try a vintage charity shop - i always see them when i go in places like that

oopsadaisyangel Thu 21-Aug-08 16:12:41

Thats the best idea - I just got stung for my one hoop underskirt at the wedding shop and paid £60, then another £90 to get the dress altered all on top of the price of the dress!! So much for trying to do it cheaply!! smile

TillyScoutsmum Thu 21-Aug-08 16:37:28

bride2b link for you

Will be going to ebay for my hoopy/petticoat thingy as well.

PMSL at 'flump" your dress out smile

MerlinsBeard Fri 22-Aug-08 14:21:02

Tilly: ty for spreadsheet i couldn't open it with works but gmail has a spreadsheet thingumy so have it on there
And that tiara place is FANTASTIC! Will definately be getting my head wear from there (when i make my decision that is!)

MerlinsBeard Fri 22-Aug-08 14:21:37

oops posted on wrong thread (although it makes sense here!)

slug Fri 22-Aug-08 15:59:04

I went to Claire's Accesories and gots lots of tiny hairclips that I scattered randomly in my hair. To be fair, it was pretty short at the time, but it did the trick for a fiver.

CarGirl Fri 22-Aug-08 16:04:57

I had a beaded tiara made for me from the lady on this website and she did hairclips for my bridesmaids etc
www.braceletsnbrides.co.uk

it was less expensive than hiring them from the local bridal shop plus gold didn't match my dress etc.

CarGirl Fri 22-Aug-08 16:07:21

hmmmm that link is wrong, think she has sold the website name to someone else....... sad

MerlinsBeard Fri 22-Aug-08 16:08:27

that link takes me to chair covers? Hopefully you didn't use one of those for your head wear!!

MerlinsBeard Fri 22-Aug-08 16:09:19

x post!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now