Talk

Advanced search

Winter Coats for Boys - Where?

(17 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Thu 21-Aug-08 08:10:31

Know its still August but I've begun my search for a warm winter coat for DS who is 3 but so far not seen anything I like. For the last 2 years he wore a fab navy one from Next which was a thick moleskin material and had a zippable hood.
It was a bit like this - which is nice but not keen on the colour - or price! here Would really like something similar.

Trying to avoid puffa style coats.

Can anyone point me in the direction of anything nice they have seen???

Indith Thu 21-Aug-08 08:24:24

TK Max, ds has a beautiful brown duffel coat and a practical waterproof with zip in fleece. They have loads of good stuff.

brimfull Thu 21-Aug-08 08:32:01

boden??
bit ££££

CoffeeCrazedMama Thu 21-Aug-08 09:32:33

La Redoute?

norksinmywaistband Thu 21-Aug-08 09:39:42

Ds hasthis one I bought a larger size and rolled back the cuffs so it has done 2 years

bogie Thu 21-Aug-08 09:40:59

I saw some lovley ones it tk maxx yesterday

gemmiegoatlegs Thu 21-Aug-08 09:50:31

"how about this

Ripeberry Thu 21-Aug-08 09:54:13

Boys are lucky with winter clothes as they are practical and warm.
Girls fashions are next to useless!
Last winter most coats had long sleeves and the body of the coat hardly covered their backside...what a stupid fashion.

hoxtonchick Thu 21-Aug-08 09:57:07

i have got ds the boden one ggirl linked to (he chose it himself). and i got 20% off, so it wasn't as expensive as it appears. it's super thick, & he likes the fur lining. gap normally have good ones.

flipflopper Thu 21-Aug-08 14:40:18

I'm looking for one for ds too. I like the boden ones that ggirl and norks linked to. There are also some others one the debenhams website op linked to and they are int he sale, There is a nice brown john rocha one that is reduced.

Nbg Thu 21-Aug-08 14:44:04

What about this one?
Its from Mini Mode/Boots.

Ds1 got a coat from there last xmas and its really lovely. I'm hoping it will see him through this winter too.

tortoiseSHELL Thu 21-Aug-08 14:48:14

I've just bought my kids coats from Adams - some really nice ones. I got this for dd and this for ds1.

flipflopper Thu 21-Aug-08 16:42:00

Tortoiseshell, love that green girl's coat, I might order it for dd, just tried to have another look and cant get on the website now

tortoiseSHELL Thu 21-Aug-08 17:44:43

I loved it in the shop, but on our tight finances didn't think we could stretch to £27.99, when I saw it reduced to £18 or so on the website I snapped it up! It looks gorgeous on!

PoorOldEnid Thu 21-Aug-08 17:46:07

gap usually have good ones

flipflopper Thu 21-Aug-08 22:17:21

I have ordered that girl's coat on you reccomendation! Thanks
Still need a boys one though. I liked the ones on the debenhams website, I might go and see what they have instore.

OllieWollieWoo Sat 23-Aug-08 07:37:00

Thanks for all great suggestions - like flipflopper, think I'll end up going to Debenhams for DS - he likes the look of the navy blue duffle coat - I pointed out the toggles and now he wants some just for the name!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now