Talk

Advanced search

Narrow legged grey school trousers

(5 Posts)
iMum Wed 20-Aug-08 08:52:23

Ds1 is otherwise destined to look like MC Hammer.

Poor lad has got skinny legs and all the trousers are far to baggy round his bottom and wide in the leg for him. tho he still needs the length. Even the supposed BHS one size fits all are ridiculous.

Help!

joliejolie Wed 20-Aug-08 11:11:32

We have the same problem round here, my dc are all tallish and slim. Next do great trousers for girls with skinny legs and the boys trousers also have the slimmest fit we have found anywhere. My dd's slim legs look beautiful, but I feel for my poor ds's. My dh still has really skinny legs and it is a nightmare to find jeans that don't look ridiculous!

In our house, the drainpipe style jeans have been a Godsend. No idea what I am going to do once this skinny jean craze goes out of style! In my experience, those "one size" jeans are more for the kids that are a bit bigger than they are for the skinny ones. Last time I checked, Gap didn't even stock skinny jeans for boys, but they do carry loads of husky. hmm

ChippyMinton Wed 20-Aug-08 14:19:43

I find M&S quite a slim cut on my skinny boys. THey may even do some without pleats?

iMum Thu 21-Aug-08 10:52:53

Thanks, I have to say M&S were huge on him, this is the boy who wears "drain" jeans from hennes and they are still baggy on him! dh is super skinny too and wears skinny fit jeans (skinny and a habit left over from being a goth!)
I will try Next!

blithedance Thu 21-Aug-08 22:37:54

We have gone for Adams, they had run out of flat front trousers but even the pleat front ones are acceptably narrow. they also have long fitting in some styles,so you could buy a size down.

We also use Next and H&M (well specifically have inherited a lot of Next which fits well). I agree about the drainpipe jeans - my 3yo is wearing the same H&M style as his 10yo cousin.

Surprised about M&S, our experience is that they are vast and so are Mothercare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now