Talk

Advanced search

Geox boots, are they any good?

(18 Posts)
Flightlite Wed 20-Aug-08 08:41:40

Seen some in La Redoute and was going to use my discount code on them but they say not eligible sad

But I wondered if they are worth £130. Apparently they have good respiratory qualities hmm

LIZS Wed 20-Aug-08 13:22:22

ds has had many pairs of Geox - summer and winter - and they are popular in Europe. Great quality imo.

Heated Wed 20-Aug-08 13:32:30

DS loves them but not at that price! I get ds' from a children's shoe shop and if they haven't got a style they can usually order them in. I didn't know they did boots but the trainers ds likes are £37, if that helps.

Flightlite Wed 20-Aug-08 13:44:30

Thankyou!

I've ordered just to look at them - might be fantastic, might not - either way I anticipate they'll reduce them in the sale wink

Thanks for the info.

LIZS Wed 20-Aug-08 14:13:46

just peeked and they are lovely !

TwoToTango Wed 20-Aug-08 14:28:18

Have bought DS Geox trainers, they are really hardwearing, good quality. didn't know they did boots but seems like a lot of money.

Found this site selling Geox reduced haven't ordered from it yet though but some of the trainers are half price (can't see any boots)

TwoToTango Wed 20-Aug-08 14:30:44

Sorry - assumed they were children's boots - jsut had a look at them - wish I hadn't - they are lovely (tempted to buy them if I can find a discount code!!)

ucmisthatyou Wed 20-Aug-08 14:31:22

they cost a fortune don't they?

TwoToTango Wed 20-Aug-08 14:35:36

some discount codes here

hoxtonchick Wed 20-Aug-08 14:35:46

the sizes come up quite big for adults ime.

TwoToTango Wed 20-Aug-08 14:36:41

few more here

Flightlite Wed 20-Aug-08 17:45:46

Thanks very much for the links. I've got a good discount code for La. R. but unfortunately as soon as you add these boots to your basket, a sign comes up saying 'discount not available'!

I guess they are like a franchise for the brand, so can't reduce them too much.

FlightAttendent Fri 22-Aug-08 19:58:57

Well they are here - they are just as beautiful as they looked - I don't want to put them back in the box! sad

I also ordered those patent ones which are in the new catalogue - they're a nice fit and nice boots but I don't like the patent and the quality isn't that of the Geox.

Oooh this is so hard.

The patent ones are definitely going back, even with 20% off they aren't worth it to me.

I am going to keep the Geox ones for a week I think, just to sit here looking at them!

FlightAttendent Fri 22-Aug-08 20:02:34

They are here if anyone else wants a peek

They are quite wide btw, the bit at the back has a sort of insert piece beneath the strappy thing, you are meant to adjust to fit I think but they are on the slimmest fitting and still wide on me. My calves are skinny though.

Might be better over jeans.

cocolepew Fri 22-Aug-08 20:05:42

Oh nice.envy
<<looks out discount offer>>

FlightAttendent Fri 22-Aug-08 20:14:57

Oh lepew you can't use the discounts on them, I tried and tried - a little thingy comes up saying 'this product is not eligible for discount'

argh

cocolepew Fri 22-Aug-08 20:20:56

Bugger. I'll just get them anyway.
Just to look at.
For a week.
Like you

FlightAttendent Sat 23-Aug-08 06:39:02

Lol!!! grin

I am trying to convince myself that they will be reduced one day but think this unlikely, considering everyone on MN seems to like them which NEVER happens when I post a link!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now