Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

help me get some more colour into my wardrobe, what colours suit someon with med/dark brown hair and brown eyes med skin tone

(16 Posts)
lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:00:02

what colours should i try?

i have medium dark brown hair and dark brown eyes and med [i think] skin tone.

AvenaLife Tue 19-Aug-08 16:02:35

Burgondy/wine looks very nice with brown hair.

Lauriefairycake Tue 19-Aug-08 16:02:44

red, deep forest green and purple

lovely for winter and my fave winter colours - very popular this season too smile

lots of that lovely turquoisey green in Monsoon (sort of a dark teal) - yummy!

lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:08:36

thanks i'll look out for those colours yes i do have a turquisey top and it does look nice.

i keep wearing brown all the time and im turning into a one lot of brown iykwim.
its not complimenting my hair wearing a brown top, its just blending in together.

any more suggestions for my shopping trip?

Cappuccino Tue 19-Aug-08 16:09:37

I like bright red and emerald green

not together obv

lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:10:31

thanks these ideas smile
what else?

Lauriefairycake Tue 19-Aug-08 16:10:44

I like brown in skirts and trousers, complimented with a very zingy coloured top like bright turquoise, bright pink.

Per Una seem to put a lot of brown with bright colours.

Earlybird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:12:22

Dark orange? Second the turquoise suggestion.

BrownSuga Tue 19-Aug-08 16:12:48

I have similar colouring and will wear red, purple, green, yellow, bright pink. Any bright colour really. (had my colours done as a teen and was supposed to wear bright colours, not the autumny ones. Prefer black, but have recently been adding colour to my clothes)

captainmummy Tue 19-Aug-08 16:15:12

I have med/copper brown hair and med skin with green eyes and I usually dress in darker colours (blue/grey/green) but I am going to the cricket tomorrow (!) and dug out a vintage 50's style dress I bought about 3 years ago and haven't worn yet - it's yellow and white striped (horizontal stripes) and it looks great! I'v never tried yellow before !

lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:26:48

thanks for the ideas, im going to have fun looking for all these.

keep em coming.......

Enraha Tue 19-Aug-08 16:30:45

I'd definitely recommend a Colour Me Beautiful consultation; I used to wear a lot of sand/olive green/muddy colours - totally wrong for me apparently. It's a bit tricky to match up with the swatch you get all of the time, but it definitely encourages a bit more confident adventurous, particularly around sales time when you can hoover up unusual colours!

Enraha Tue 19-Aug-08 16:31:40

adventurousness if that's even a word

lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:34:37

how much is that cmb consultation?

Enraha Tue 19-Aug-08 16:46:58

It's a long while since I had one, but I think I had a joint colour and make-up one for about £75. Has saved me a fortune on costly colour mistakes though wink. Or should that be encouraged me to spend a fortune on teal clothes.

prettyladybird Tue 19-Aug-08 21:50:24

are you watching t and s they are doing colour?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: