Talk

Advanced search

help me get some more colour into my wardrobe, what colours suit someon with med/dark brown hair and brown eyes med skin tone

(16 Posts)
lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:00:02

what colours should i try?

i have medium dark brown hair and dark brown eyes and med [i think] skin tone.

AvenaLife Tue 19-Aug-08 16:02:35

Burgondy/wine looks very nice with brown hair.

Lauriefairycake Tue 19-Aug-08 16:02:44

red, deep forest green and purple

lovely for winter and my fave winter colours - very popular this season too smile

lots of that lovely turquoisey green in Monsoon (sort of a dark teal) - yummy!

lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:08:36

thanks i'll look out for those colours yes i do have a turquisey top and it does look nice.

i keep wearing brown all the time and im turning into a one lot of brown iykwim.
its not complimenting my hair wearing a brown top, its just blending in together.

any more suggestions for my shopping trip?

Cappuccino Tue 19-Aug-08 16:09:37

I like bright red and emerald green

not together obv

lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:10:31

thanks these ideas smile
what else?

Lauriefairycake Tue 19-Aug-08 16:10:44

I like brown in skirts and trousers, complimented with a very zingy coloured top like bright turquoise, bright pink.

Per Una seem to put a lot of brown with bright colours.

Earlybird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:12:22

Dark orange? Second the turquoise suggestion.

BrownSuga Tue 19-Aug-08 16:12:48

I have similar colouring and will wear red, purple, green, yellow, bright pink. Any bright colour really. (had my colours done as a teen and was supposed to wear bright colours, not the autumny ones. Prefer black, but have recently been adding colour to my clothes)

captainmummy Tue 19-Aug-08 16:15:12

I have med/copper brown hair and med skin with green eyes and I usually dress in darker colours (blue/grey/green) but I am going to the cricket tomorrow (!) and dug out a vintage 50's style dress I bought about 3 years ago and haven't worn yet - it's yellow and white striped (horizontal stripes) and it looks great! I'v never tried yellow before !

lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:26:48

thanks for the ideas, im going to have fun looking for all these.

keep em coming.......

Enraha Tue 19-Aug-08 16:30:45

I'd definitely recommend a Colour Me Beautiful consultation; I used to wear a lot of sand/olive green/muddy colours - totally wrong for me apparently. It's a bit tricky to match up with the swatch you get all of the time, but it definitely encourages a bit more confident adventurous, particularly around sales time when you can hoover up unusual colours!

Enraha Tue 19-Aug-08 16:31:40

adventurousness if that's even a word

lovelysongbird Tue 19-Aug-08 16:34:37

how much is that cmb consultation?

Enraha Tue 19-Aug-08 16:46:58

It's a long while since I had one, but I think I had a joint colour and make-up one for about £75. Has saved me a fortune on costly colour mistakes though wink. Or should that be encouraged me to spend a fortune on teal clothes.

prettyladybird Tue 19-Aug-08 21:50:24

are you watching t and s they are doing colour?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now