Talk

Advanced search

give me your really good deep conditioning treatment for hair ideas please

(20 Posts)
sallystrawberry Mon 18-Aug-08 21:09:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crispyduck Mon 18-Aug-08 21:14:12

pantene or loreal...put conditioner on mid lengths to ends avoid scalp and roots as this may encourage greasiness...place a hand towel in tumble dryer and warm it up..place over your head for 10 mins....perfect everytime

maidamess Mon 18-Aug-08 21:18:34

Boots do a brand called Naked something or other that comes in a big white tub.

Its about £10 but will last for ages.

Leave on hair for 30 mins wrapped in a warm towel and your tresses will be flaxen.

pagwatch Mon 18-Aug-08 21:20:30

I like the Aveda hair repair range. Expensive but they do actually work on my coloured hair

Twiglett Mon 18-Aug-08 21:21:39

aussie 3 minute miracle is amazing

expatinscotland Mon 18-Aug-08 21:22:23

Kerastase Hair Masque.

all the way.

shhhh Mon 18-Aug-08 22:14:01

another aussie fan here..in fact my hairdresser told me last week, the best hair shampoo/conditioner you can buy outside of a salon are the aussie ones....

sallystrawberry Mon 18-Aug-08 23:05:07

JRocks Mon 18-Aug-08 23:09:27

I like the Aussie ones too - but if you want something a bit different... Mash avocado and Banana into some intensive conditioner and paste on, leave for 15 mins and rinse out (thoroughly!)

Another good tip is to wrap your conditioner-laden hair in clingfilm before the warm towel, keeps it that bit warmer allowing the cuticles to open and moisture to get in

CountessDracula Mon 18-Aug-08 23:14:20

I have tried loads of these (incl the aussie one) for my dry coloured hair and the only one that has worked so far is this molton brown one
It was fab
like having new hair
blardy expensive though, I had some little sachets i had nicked from a hotel but I think I will invest in it

CountessDracula Mon 18-Aug-08 23:15:30

oh I left for 15 mins (as it says in the tips) not the 3-5 mins on teh front page

shhhh Tue 19-Aug-08 10:51:55

molton brown stuff is luurrrvvvley......grin. We use the naran ji handwash and its so smelly..so nice smile

Cappuccino Tue 19-Aug-08 10:52:47

yes agree re aussie 3 min miracle

Twig and I have such similar hair tho, genetically wink

sallystrawberry Tue 19-Aug-08 11:02:31

TheBlonde Tue 19-Aug-08 11:03:57

aussie
or vo5 hot oil

AllwaysDoingSomething Tue 19-Aug-08 12:49:14

Are you conditioning every time you wash and using shampoo conditioner for coloured hair? (I think this makes a difference) I use GHD and their mask for dry coloured hair is great. Wash, squeeze hair dry, apply mask, wrap in cling film, cover with towel and leave for 15/20 mins. Rinse well and finish with a cool/cold water rinse. You could always try an in salon treatment. Vidal Sassoon does an amazing deep conditioning treatment for coloured hair which you can still feel working after a few washes.

CvQ Tue 19-Aug-08 12:51:50

aussie stuff here aswell although the smell stings my eyes and makes me sneeze.but hey at least ive got lovely shiny hairgrin

sallystrawberry Tue 19-Aug-08 13:02:30

missbloom Tue 19-Aug-08 13:58:52

Beer? Rinse hair with it that is, not drink it!

lyrasilver Tue 19-Aug-08 14:20:01

Egg yolk and olive oil... apply to dry hair, wrap head in clingfilm and leave on as long as possible. To rinse off apply shampoo straight to hair, no water, then rinse with cool water and shampoo normally again. Give a final rinse with a jug of water with a dash of vinegar in it.
Of the shop bought ones the naked range is great, and very good if you are at all sesitive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now