Talk

Advanced search

Bare Escentuals hints and tips from people who like using it please

(3 Posts)
bran Mon 18-Aug-08 16:53:31

I bought the Bare Escentuals get started kit but I'm having a little trouble with it.

First of all I couldn't seem to get the coverage that I expected, I know that you're not meant to look as though you're wearing make-up with it, but surely that doesn't mean I should look exactly as I do without make-up. I definitely wasn't seeing the difference that the before and after photos in their blurb shows.

Secondly, my skin felt very sore and tight when I had the make-up on but absolutely fine once I washed it off. I suspect that it may have more to do with the Skin Rever Upper lotion than the actual mineral powder so I will try with an ordinary moisturiser instead, but I was still surprised that it was painful. Also my eyes were itchy and red-rimmed for a while afterwards which I think may be to do with the powder irritating them.

So, any tips or advice please? TIA

MrsSprat Mon 18-Aug-08 17:02:15

That doesn't sound very good. I think they have a money-back guarantee if it doesn't suit you, allergy-wise. Sounds like you should go for this, given what it costs.

I've also been pondering whether the foundation makes much difference on this thread.

My skin is clear-ish at the moment, so it gives it a bit of a matte polish, which is okay, but not miraculous. Maybe it will be better in winter when my skin needs a bit of cheering up.

I think the tutorial and the brushes have got me into better habits about application and I've always hated the messiness of liquid foundation and cakeiness of solid compacts, so on balance, I'm fairly happy with it.

bran Tue 19-Aug-08 22:14:54

I tried it again today without using the Skin Rever Upper and it was much better. I used my usual moisturiser and then Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous topped with Mineral Veil and I was pretty pleased with the result. I was a lot more careful with the brush and my eyes weren't sore. I think I might keep it, but only use the foundation for when I want a very light coverage (although tbh if I want very light coverage I would probably just stick with no coverage as I'm lazy).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now