Talk

Advanced search

Shoes for a 14 mo

(5 Posts)
penona Mon 18-Aug-08 14:49:44

My DD is starting to walk, mostly just round the house/in the park on the grass, but today she was trying to walk on the pavement so I thought I really must get her some shoes!

Any particular make/brand recommended? I read somewhere that you should let them walk barefoot for as long as possible - is that right? She seems pretty happy but my mum thinks she needs to have shoes now!

fluffyanimal Mon 18-Aug-08 14:56:15

She's going to need shoes if only from the perspective of the weather, safety and hygiene. My personal view is that you can't compromise on good quality shoes. Go to a Clarks or Charles Clinkard where they will measure her feet and have a range of styles catering for crawling/cruising/first walking children. You might pay a bit more but I think good foot support and properly fitting shoes are so crucial for children (says she whose adult life is blighted by fallen arches and bunions).

preggersplayspop Mon 18-Aug-08 15:00:14

I started my DS on little leather shoes/slipper things which you can get from JoJo Maman Bebe. They are so thin they were like bare feet and I think it really helped his balance when he was just learning to walk. Now he is up and running we moved onto 'proper' shoes, but I tried to last out as long as possible. Crawling and cruising shoes are a bit of a marketing ploy in my opinion.

cupcake78 Mon 18-Aug-08 15:07:36

Just got DS is first pair today. He's nearly 11mths, wasn't going to bother till I took him to the park and he insisted in walking from swings to slides etc and he still needs to hold both my hands to do it.

Took the decision based on exactly what fluffyanimal said. Weather, standing on things etc.

Took him to Clarks who sorted us out. Now he can walk when and were he likes - with my help!

LittleMissBliss Mon 18-Aug-08 15:09:48

i was looking at some shoes for ds the other day clarks looked like a good. Bet looks like they have some sweet girls shoes too. Not sure about the white, but the design looks good for little feet.

Think i'm going to get ds some of these first though. Not too keen on those designs though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now