Talk

Advanced search

I am trying to check that "clinched belt under the boob look"

(11 Posts)
CrushWithEyeliner Mon 18-Aug-08 12:09:21

but the belt in question (a rather expensive purchase from TopShop) keeps slipping down. Do I need a smaller size belt or shall I just abandon this current trend and come to terms with being 31 blush

Jewelsandgems Mon 18-Aug-08 12:52:20

Sounds like you need the smaller size! Is it one of those wide elastic type ones, with the leather part on the front and near the buckle?

I have an elastic corset type one from warehouse and this stays put very well. And there is nothing wrong with being 31 and wearing this look, have seen it on loads of 40 somethings too!

Twiglett Mon 18-Aug-08 12:53:20

sorry you wear a belt where?

Jewelsandgems Mon 18-Aug-08 13:00:24

Usually the belt is worn at your narrowest point, so if this is just bellow boobs, then that is where it is recommened to wear the belt.

My narrowest point is just above belly button, so this is wear I where my belt!

MerlinsBeard Mon 18-Aug-08 13:01:50

you need a smaller one it sounds like <bitch>wink

I can't "do" that look. I have too much wobble under the belt and it looks daft!

JackieNo Mon 18-Aug-08 13:06:12

Twiglett - like this, so it creates an empire line.

Twiglett Mon 18-Aug-08 16:24:20

oh dear me no

CrushWithEyeliner Mon 18-Aug-08 17:35:49

yes! that is the look I am emulating

Thanks all - I changed for a smaller one and now I feel like I can join the ranks of current fashion (for the last 2 years I have looked like potato sack woman)

HappypillsGalore Mon 18-Aug-08 17:41:15

im slowly gathering the momentum to try this out. been doing so for a year or two. will let you all know when i do, so you can stop wearing yours, for that will indeed signify the end of its era .
i am, erm, generously described as 'individual' in style hmm

Twiglett Mon 18-Aug-08 18:15:34

that would suit me actually .. big norks, small waist .. but it looks stoopid grin

CrushWithEyeliner Mon 18-Aug-08 19:48:22

lol hpg - that is how I follow fashion these days - I am sure this look is on it;s way out but I just want to feel cool again blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now