Talk

Advanced search

Is Boots Repair and Protect worth buying? £16 a bit more than I would usually spend but need something to fix this dull aging old face of mine.

(14 Posts)
eyeballs Sun 17-Aug-08 21:20:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tearinghairout Sun 17-Aug-08 21:29:24

Would be too much for me too, and I haven't used it so can't comment, BUT... can heartily recommend the anti-aging stuff from Lidls and Aldi (stop sniggering!) as being brilliant. I took something else with me when I went away for two weeks and really missed it. It was recommended in the Daily Telegraph too. Will go upstairs & find out what it's called.

tearinghairout Sun 17-Aug-08 21:33:14

OK, it's called Iseree Anti-wrinkle Q10 Day cream (and night cream) and comes in a blue & white box, & costs £1.99 IIRC (or might be £2.99. Is nice & creamy & skin feels firmer.

jellybeans Sun 17-Aug-08 21:37:37

I have read numerous academic studies which show that these creams are a rip off and cannot penetrate the skin deep enough to stop ageing or improve wrinkles. I used P+P for a while after the news hype and the study which claimed it helped but it didn't do anything tbh. The aldi one feels nice and nivea (really greasy thick stuff) is good for once a week or night time. I really don't think any will turn back time or delay it but if you can find one which makes your skin feel good then use it. These companies are making millions out of us with their false claims.

girlnextdoor Sun 17-Aug-08 21:37:57

I have used it- is that the right name? Pure and Protect?

It was ok- has a funny smell- makes skin smooth, but not sure if it has lasting effect.

I have now gone onto REN night cream which is great but more expensive.

I'd give it a go if I were you.

girlnextdoor Sun 17-Aug-08 21:40:11

One tip- the one thing that has saved my skin- I am in my 50s and people think I am ten years younger (!) sorry- is sun screen- every day, 365 when outside. Clinique sheer city block.
alos, avoid alcohol and caffeine as much as poss and get lots of fresh air.

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 21:42:47

YES!

The Protect and Perfect Beauty Serum for hte face.

It is the shit.

It has literally erased all but the worst of the sun damage across my cheeks and nose in weeks.

I shit you not.

I have tried everything besides cosmetic procedures.

Worth every penny.

rookiemater Sun 17-Aug-08 21:56:31

Gosh seems to have worked well for expat, did b*gger all for mine, but maybe I'm beyond redemption

oldcrock Sun 17-Aug-08 21:59:14

Yes - has removed crinkly skin from my eyelids!! Great stuff.

SilkCutMama Sun 17-Aug-08 22:02:44

Try factor 50 sun block every day - cheaper and moisturising too

I started wearing it about 2 months ago and really notice a massice diffrence in my skin

Boots stuff gave me spots so didn't like it I'm afraid - sorry

maidamess Sun 17-Aug-08 22:09:03

expat, is it really that good?

I have a horrid sun mark on my cheekbone which blights my life...well not really, but I could do with it disappearing.

Do you put on serum under moisturiser, or alone?

MintChocAddict Sun 17-Aug-08 22:18:17

Boots P&P serum gave me spots. Now using Aldi day and night cream. Bought it after reading all the news reports. smile

MrsMattie Sun 17-Aug-08 22:20:41

The serum is quite nice. I used it for a while (one tube's worth) and it made my skin feel nice, although no noticeable improvement in wrinkle situation. The moisturiser is pants, though.

expatinscotland Mon 18-Aug-08 00:20:16

it has REALLY worked for me!

has totally faded the sun spots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now