Talk

Advanced search

Went to the Boden shop today - so much easier in RL

(14 Posts)
MatBackFack Sun 17-Aug-08 19:01:35

it is so much easier seeing the stuff and trying it on, and I have to say most of the stuff I liked from the catalogue wasn't great in when I saw it and stuff I did like wouldn't have looked twice at in the catalogue. Weird. Also, their sizing is messed up. I tried on about 10 skirts all the sam esize and some were quite tight - would probably buy the size up, and some were really baggy.

girlnextdoor Sun 17-Aug-08 20:36:22

what was nice and what was horrid?

agree about sizes- all over the place.

turquoise Sun 17-Aug-08 20:37:03

Where is it?

ShinyPinkShoes Sun 17-Aug-08 20:37:42

Oooh

Where where where???

girlnextdoor Sun 17-Aug-08 20:52:52

It's Boden on Sea.

ShinyPinkShoes Sun 17-Aug-08 20:58:13

Ooh there are a few shops now apparently

thisisyesterday Sun 17-Aug-08 21:00:06

ahh yeah but you can't use your discount codes!! lol

MatBackFack Sun 17-Aug-08 21:07:17

Hangar Lane N London

I couldnt try everything as DH and DC were in the car getting twitchy. Concentrated on dresses and skirts as I do quite like them from Boden, generally.

I quite liked the patent boots in the catalogue but they were really baggy around the ankles and made my legs look much fatter than they are.

The chic knitted dress was nice, come up fairly big I think. The knitted ruffle dresses looked ok in the catalogue but I thought they werent great, didnt even try on - something not quite right about them. The knitted rib dress was much nicer, think I might get one, also fairly generous sizing. I quite fancied one of the Contrast Trim tunics but they really weren't great imo - hung funny and made me look lumpy. The denim shirt dresses looked good too but I didnt have time to try.

Skirts, the dotty flower skirts were nice, came up much smaller than the other skirts, was a size bigger. The pintuck skirt was also good where doesn't look much in the catalogue, will prob get one, generous sizing. Also tried the washed cotton skirts which were ok, nothing special, also came up quite small. Wasnt impressed with the british tweed skirts - funny length on me, too short to wear with boots I thought, sizing was about right on them.

I also really liked the Long Henley sweater which, again, I wouldn't have noticed in the catalogue.

The other thing that was nice and I would quite like to get was the Less is More Shirt - nice material and comfortable fit - the brown contrast buttons look better in RL.

I had quite liked the fun tank tops from the catalogue but I thought they missed a bit, were a bit lumpy on the side on me and a few other people I saw trying them. Also came up small, was a size bigger in them.

Definitely good to try before buying, think I would go for the knitted rib dress, long Henley sweater and a Less is More shirt definitely (sizes about right i.e my normal size) and maybe a pintuck skirt - none of which I had earmarked from looking through the catalogue.

Now, does anyone have a decent discount code or do I need to wait for the next sale?!?!?

MatBackFack Sun 17-Aug-08 21:09:26

X post - yes I didn't buy anything - couldn't pay full shop price, even the good things weren't quite worth it imo.

Oh the Off Duty jackets were nicer than they look too.

MingMingtheWonderPet Sun 17-Aug-08 21:10:45

Quote LNSU for a 15% discount, free delivery and free returns.
Offer is Sunday Times today.

girlnextdoor Sun 17-Aug-08 21:10:54

You get a 10% discount with MNs and free p&p & returns.

I am returning the ribbed knitted dress- it is shapeless- or is that me??- does nothing for me- I have a waist and want to show it!!!!

Tweed skirt is rubbish tweed- very hard- and the aqua shade is more like green.

MatBackFack Sun 17-Aug-08 21:14:24

thanks, am tempted by the 15%!

Funny about the knitted rib dress, I did like it. I don't have much of a waste am a bit straight down so maybe I am used to that kind of shape? I did like them, partic in brown which wouldn't normally choose necessarily, which colour did you get?

Totally agree about the tweed skirts - I don't think many people would like the look of them in RL - it very subjective I guess but they were just odd imo.

MatBackFack Sun 17-Aug-08 21:16:20

waist I meant!

girlnextdoor Sun 17-Aug-08 21:16:21

I got the blue ribbed dress-it is going back- looks dowdy but maybe okay on a taller person- I am petite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now