Talk

Advanced search

Has it become fashionable to show your bra and why?

(13 Posts)
Twiglett Sat 16-Aug-08 21:37:28

Today I followed a rather gorgeous girl up the stairs in a shopping centre .. she was wearing a top with a big circle in the back across which you could see the back-strap of her bra

On X-factor Xtra the girl in the white dress has a backless dress and again black bra strap

is this fashion?

it looks foul

Hassled Sat 16-Aug-08 21:39:33

It is fashion and it does look foul. My DD is one of the prime movers in the whole exposed bra across the back thing. And due to my top washing skills all her bras are grey - it's not good.

maidamess Sat 16-Aug-08 21:40:16

Yes its awful. Its Pussy Cat Doll/strumpet chic, and I think it looks lame.

JRocks Sat 16-Aug-08 21:41:32

It has been for a while. I think SJP in Sex and the City bears a certain amount of responsibility too..

OracleInaCoracle Sat 16-Aug-08 21:42:10

awful, awful, awful. dh and i were discussing holly willoughby's outfit. it did NOT look good!

abouteve Sat 16-Aug-08 21:42:50

This was fashionable a few years back along with OK to expose a thong. Is it back in?

I always advise that if a strap is showing it should be black or a very pretty colour. No greying whites.Yuck

maidamess Sat 16-Aug-08 21:43:29

See, when SJP does it, it doesn't bother me, because its not real.

But watching some old tart in Asda with her straps and clasp showing, not good. Put it away!

bookswapper Sat 16-Aug-08 21:43:42

oh good...its not just me then
I thought she had forgotten her slip...

Twiglett Sat 16-Aug-08 21:45:11

should the bra be special then .. because these are both big black straps with the 3 hook clasp across them

nappyaddict Sat 16-Aug-08 21:45:40

back straps should never be seen unless it is one of those pretty diamante ones.

shoulder straps are ok with vest tops i think but not boob tube type tops.

VanillaPumpkin Sat 16-Aug-08 21:47:25

I am just fed up with seeing peoples actual ARSES when they bend or crouch down. Now that is grim. As is seeing their thong. Gross.

abouteve Sat 16-Aug-08 21:51:46

I have a nice black one like a bikini top with thin back strap and nice clasp.

Can anyone remember when bras were on show big time even with boob tubes. Think naughty Kanga on BB?.

I hate the look but when you have big boobs that need scaffolding then there is no choice with a backless number.

mamalovesmojitos Sat 16-Aug-08 22:19:10

i think holly pulled it off.

carrie started this alright i think, and looked very cute doing it.

but thongs and arse cracks i cannot deal with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now