Talk

Advanced search

Help Coco work up the courage to buy make up

(3 Posts)
Cocobear Sat 16-Aug-08 06:17:23

I need make up, but don't currently wear more than Boots No7 tinted moisturiser (leaves my skin a bit oily, but okay). Couldn't pick a decent lipstick to save my life. Hopeless at eye makeup. I want some stuff to wear out in the evenings, special occasions, etc.

Thusly I went to the Laura Mercier counter today, and they 'did' me up in tinted moisturiser, powder and shimmery bronzy stuff, plus eyeliner and shadow. It was all most petrifying. I felt slightly anxious, looked slightly orange, and didn't buy anything because I couldn't decide if I liked it.

Does anyone else feel quietly terrified of make up counters? Is it just me?

I need their expert advice. I need their help. But they scare me.

JackieNo Sat 16-Aug-08 07:10:06

They are rather scary, I know what you mean. I'd have thought that Laura Mercier ought to have been pretty good - am a bit shock that you ended up a bit orange. From what I've seen on here, the Bobbi Brown ones can be good, and you need to specify that you don't want to look 'made up' - I think it was MrsBadger who said it usually worked well if you told them you wanted to look 'more rested'.

Cocobear Sat 16-Aug-08 17:23:45

'More rested' - I like that. Plan to try Bobbi Brown and Clinique. It's all just a bit overwhelming. I want to find some stuff that works so I can just buy it online in the future and not bother with the scary makeup counters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now