Talk

Advanced search

boden has pulled all the reviews from their uk site but left them on the us one ...wtf?

(13 Posts)
brimfull Fri 15-Aug-08 15:52:48

bizarre

will have a look and see if there are any remotely negative ones

brimfull Fri 15-Aug-08 15:54:17

oh there are still the same ones

why have they done that

SoyYo Fri 15-Aug-08 17:50:01

I just ordered some stuff today having decided I needed some new clothes for Autumn and yes, the UK has had comments removed but the US site still has them all...hmmm at least they did not remove the negative feedback off the US site.
Can't wait for my parcel!

girlnextdoor Fri 15-Aug-08 18:49:48

how weird!

I wonder if they have decided to only publish the ones that say good things?

joliejolie Fri 15-Aug-08 18:50:26

Pulling them is ridiculous because I found them very helpful. Instead of wasting time ordering something that runs larger/smaller and sending it back, I could just read the reviews advice to order a different size.

Also, the reviews make no difference at all in someone buying an item. All it means is people will order things that will eventually be returned (which happens anyway) and everyone's time will be wasted, including Boden's.

Cappuccino Fri 15-Aug-08 18:52:11

maybe they were not sassy enough

maybe they suspected they were being written by women sat inside wearing Matalan jogging bottoms

brimfull Fri 15-Aug-08 18:55:56

good heavens capp-perish the thought!

girlnextdoor Fri 15-Aug-08 19:00:12

SOME reviews are still on the US site, but I doubt if all are. The ones I wrote are, but they were saying good things!

Maybe we should all Johnnie and ask why?

I found them really useful re. sizing etc.

girlnextdoor Fri 15-Aug-08 19:00:42

should all email Johnnie......

llareggub Fri 15-Aug-08 19:14:01

I find that they are there sometimes and not others. Maybe the reviews slow down the site or something. It is, after all, the slowest site in the world.

Podrick Fri 15-Aug-08 19:20:18

I was put off buying a skirt because the reviews said the colours were much more faded than the photos show

savoycabbage Fri 15-Aug-08 19:21:53

My negative review is still on the US site.

SoyYo Fri 15-Aug-08 19:22:29

Indeed! The US user comments tend to be a bit overenthusiastic and gushy...Not at all Sassy! but the UK comments were mostly honest, at least you can still see them on the US website and make up your mind. I ordered a Soho jacket but decided to go up 1 size from my usual Boden based on the website feedback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now