Talk

Advanced search

need jeans, need ideas!

(4 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Fri 15-Aug-08 09:05:56

I've lost a fair bit of weight since having youngest dc and all of my previously "skinny jeans" now hang off me.

I've got a new pair of jeans that I wear for going out, but need a pair of jeans for wearing in the day with the kids. What styles/ shapes are fashionable without being uber-trendy? I'm tall and pear-shaped, quite slim but have child-bearing hips!

hope you can give me some ideas. Budget is obvioulsy not mega as I don't want to waste money on finger-painting clothes!

BBBee Fri 15-Aug-08 09:16:43

being pear shaped the only jeans I have found that 'work' wonderfully at a budget are monsoon.

You sound much slimmer than me though.

Good idea to run a thread like this and browse a few old ones and prepare yourself for a few hours touring round town trying on.

Well done on weight loss - any secrets gratefully recieved!!!

LetThemEatCake Fri 15-Aug-08 15:22:03

I didn't even know Monsoon did jeans!
am wearing beloved pair of Lees today but even with belt they are giving me a builder's bum, which no one needs to see! I guess I could go for same jeans, smaller size or something.
re: weight loss, very boring really - just cut out a bunch of food groups - meat, poultry, dairy, wheat, alcohol etc. Was 13 stone at full term pg, 11 st 10 within a week or two of baby being born, now 10 stone. But as I say, wide hips, biggish bum. how much are you trying to lose?

JackieNo Fri 15-Aug-08 15:33:58

Agree on the Monsoon ones for curvy people. Apparently Uniqlo are good too, but only online, unless you're in London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now