Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

It's going to be 23 degrees in London tomorrow - is it too soon to wear autumnal clothes?

(12 Posts)
Lauriefairycake Thu 14-Aug-08 17:06:42

I'm going on a day out (champagne and tea with a girlfriend) and bought some new season clothes today.

A black, swishy jersey skirt, and a black and white 3/4 sleeve top with a corsage, planning on wearing it with thin black tights and my knee length black boots

too much too soon ??????

Twiglett Thu 14-Aug-08 17:09:22

was extremely hot today and then it was thunderstorming and now it's hot again

I'd consider something summery and a coat tbh

janeite Thu 14-Aug-08 17:10:58

"No" to knee high boots in August, whatever the temperature.

Could you wear the top with a pair of wide leg trousers and a light jacket instead?

StellaWasADiver Thu 14-Aug-08 17:12:13

Too soon. It's summer, even if it doesn't much look or feel like it. No to all the black.

hatwoman Thu 14-Aug-08 17:12:42

you can't wear boots in August! the rest of it sounds ok but really not sure about boots. but I guess it might be the kind of outfit that only works with boots, in which case I personally would rethink. but you're talking to someone who has yet to buy any summer clothes...

florenceuk Thu 14-Aug-08 17:17:29

I can't believe the number of people wearing tights and boots - it's summer FGS(really really). wear trews and/or put on a coat - a jacket would probably be enough.

lou33 Thu 14-Aug-08 17:19:13

you will bake

Peachy Thu 14-Aug-08 17:26:01

23 degrees? goodness woman- make the most of it! Autumn clothes will be needed soon enough

Lauriefairycake Thu 14-Aug-08 17:26:06

I don't wear jackets (mahoosive tits so never get cold)

I'm now thinking black linen trousers, black and white top, comfy birkies as I've just spoken to my friend and she is wearing a light summer dress and flipflops

StellaWasADiver Thu 14-Aug-08 17:47:05

Your tits are big enough to keep your arms and back warm too? <impressed>

Mercy Thu 14-Aug-08 17:50:51

I've seen loads of women in boots over the last 10 days (not just wellies either)

Which part of London is hot then? (we had the heating on for half an hour yesteday evening)

Wuxiapian Thu 14-Aug-08 21:15:30

I've been tempted more than once the past couple weeks to wear my skirts, tights and boots, but, like you, have had to rethink it.

I'm giving "summer" another couple weeks then to hell with it! Getting my autumn jollies out and I don't care!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now