Talk

Advanced search

mbt trainners and shoes... Really ..?

(25 Posts)
pagwatch Thu 14-Aug-08 16:08:38

my friend is sold on these , wears them all the time and looks fab.
But they can't work surely?

I want to believe but they must be rubbish. Can I really get buns of steel by walking like a constipated ass

rookiemater Thu 14-Aug-08 21:53:23

I have no idea, but am bumping because I'd like to know.

Also does anyone have Fit Flops. I notice all the toned Americans here for the festival are wearing them, do they work ?

HappypillsGalore Thu 14-Aug-08 21:56:47

i have some but im a spendaholic/not rational.
no idea if they work tbh coz i dont wear them all the time. my buns arent too bad i guess... not exactly steel, mind

Piffle Thu 14-Aug-08 22:00:50

i use mine to alleviate back pain
wear for physiological reasons not appearance, alone they will not do much

kittywise Thu 14-Aug-08 22:01:12

I have a pair of mbt trainers and I recently bought a pair of mbt sandals.
They are the bollocks and yes they work.

Worth every pennysmile

hf128219 Thu 14-Aug-08 22:01:40

Yep, they work. Very good for core stability too.

lynniep Thu 14-Aug-08 22:11:42

I have fit flops - bought them last summer. And no they dont make the slightest bit of difference that i can see or feel.
However I have worn them almost every day since I bought them - they are v. v. comfy so I feel a bit more justified in paying a ridiculous amount for flip flops wink I am considering MBTs now though...

expatinscotland Thu 14-Aug-08 22:13:09

what about those chi shui or whatever thingies?

my sister is thinking of buying these.

Swedes Thu 14-Aug-08 22:13:16

I've had my eye on a pair of these.

katiepotatie Thu 14-Aug-08 22:16:19

I have fit flops too, don't think they have made any difference. Have wore then almost every day (bought a bronze pair too for holiday's)I think they are the most comfortable shoes ever!
Would love to try MBT's but can't really afford the price tag.

hf128219 Thu 14-Aug-08 22:17:18

I meant to say I was talking about MBT trainers. Have had them for 3 years.

PollyPentapeptide Thu 14-Aug-08 23:13:18

I have fit flops (somewhere) and did notice a slight 'tightening' in the general buttock area. To look at me though, ypou would still say I had a huge arse!

Would love some MBTS

kittywise Fri 15-Aug-08 08:45:43

expat I have those chung shi too! They are ok, not as comfy as the mbt's though.

caykon Fri 15-Aug-08 10:01:24

where do you get these shoes from, they sound interesting

hf128219 Fri 15-Aug-08 10:10:38

mbt-uk.com

Furball Fri 15-Aug-08 10:12:37

are the sports shoes ok to go running in?

hf128219 Fri 15-Aug-08 10:14:01

Not sure - I just walk (a lot)!

kittywise Fri 15-Aug-08 10:22:41

I can't run in mine, I don't think they are meant for that a such. I too walk for miles in mine. Mbt's need to be fitted so you would have to find a shop that sold them rather than get them on the internet. if you are paying out that amount of money you want to be sure you find them comfy and know how to walk in them.

expatinscotland Fri 15-Aug-08 14:04:40

thanks, kitty! she didn't suit the MBTs so i think that's why she's going to try for the chi's.

they're for walking and low-impact aerobics.

definitely not for running as far as i know.

HappypillsGalore Sun 17-Aug-08 09:20:50

i ran the 5k runforlife thing last year in my mbts when they were new.
i told myself they would help coz of the way they are sposed to make you rock your foot from back to front smoothly and have lots of cushioning. i hadnt had any training at all and am a lazy thing so...
anyway, i managed it. no injuries. i felt comfy running in them.

Piffle Sun 17-Aug-08 13:39:35

you can run in mbts but meant to be after you areused to them.
I did exercise DVDs in them back when I had no spd.
Am about to start again now!

twoluvlykids Sun 17-Aug-08 13:42:31

I got fitflops 2 weeks ago,wear them round house coz it's a bit wet for outside. they wore big holes in my toes.but now healed up well & they are well comfy,hoping for small tight rear any day soon hmm

Romy7 Sun 17-Aug-08 13:46:58

i have friends that swear by mbts. Most of my friends who have tried fit flops say they are comfy, but haven't noticed any difference butt-wise...
i keep meaning to buy mbts. must look on the website and find out where the nearest stockist is... ta for link hf!

Uranus Sun 17-Aug-08 14:01:03

Selfridges and Sweaty Betty shops stock MBTs. I have had mine for about 2 years and I really like them - I use them for all physical activity.

I also bought some Fitflops in Hong Kong recently. They are uber comfy, and my calves really ache the day after wearing them, so they must be doing something.

bikerunski Sun 17-Aug-08 14:48:23

I have a friend who swears by here mbts and wears fit flops in the summer. 2 kids in 3 years and she looks fab.

My FIL in his sixties has an on going lower leg problem and he really likes his mbts too.

Just waiting not to be pg anymore, so I can get some!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now