Talk

Advanced search

Xen Tan fake has anyone tried it? Is it as good as reviews say?

(12 Posts)
northernrefugee39 Wed 13-Aug-08 10:44:45

They all seem to think Xen tan and fake bake are the best fake tans.My legs have hardly seen any daylight this summer and we're going away at the w/e. Something has to be done.
Cod? Have you heard anything about it?

TheDevilWearsPrimark Wed 13-Aug-08 10:47:06

I'm not Cod, sorry and that.

Fake Bake is good. but expensive.

Can you afford a spray tan?

northernrefugee39 Wed 13-Aug-08 11:23:46

smile just thought everyone asks cod these things, not that I'd assume she always had the answer....
thanks Thedevil. i haven't really got time or money for spray,; I thought if i take a bottle away too, i can top up. It's really only legs/arms back etc as I am a modest sunbather (snurk) and wear a one piece.Through necessity, don't want to scare people.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Wed 13-Aug-08 11:35:34

Get a 'holiday tan' or something today, then apply it today tomorrow and on friday. Much more foolproof.

whatevermaycome Wed 13-Aug-08 11:47:30

There is now a fake bake light which is very natural. I have progressed to the regular fake bake and I do think it is great.

northernrefugee39 Wed 13-Aug-08 12:00:22

What's "holiday tan"? In a salon or that you apply yourself?

northernrefugee39 Wed 13-Aug-08 12:03:36

Whatever- yes- I've heard that fake bake is the best for naturalness and no smell. But some say Xen tan is even better.... oh choices choices.
My dh says my legs always look like a satsuma but I still have to do it.I hate white legs.

whatevermaycome Wed 13-Aug-08 12:54:25

Have not tried xen tan but may have to give it a go after my fake bake has run out - The fake bake colour (both light version and normal stuff) are not at all orange.

I personally find that Dove/johnsons holiday skin are a bit on the orange side but I think it depends on your natural skin tone as other people rave about it.

If you do try xen tan then let me know what it is like

CountessDracula Wed 13-Aug-08 12:59:40

I use clarins and it is great, v natural colour (allegedly)

northernrefugee39 Wed 13-Aug-08 16:29:54

whatever- yes i will let you know- I think I'll give it a try....
I've used clarins on my face- it's good.

northernrefugee39 Thu 14-Aug-08 17:28:13

Used xen tan last night. It is quite good, but not amazing. Better on arms neck etc than legs; and I exfoliated....
It has a slight orange tinge, but not really bad. On the whole it looks fairly natural. The description says "olive " but I wouldn't call it that.
Next year I shall try fake bake.....

whatevermaycome Thu 14-Aug-08 18:27:47

Thanks - I will stick to fake bake smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now