Talk

Advanced search

HELP with my winter wardrobe all you fashionistas!!

(13 Posts)
Jes33 Tue 12-Aug-08 19:40:12

Need some help and inspiration before I shop for the winter!

Brief desc - Youngish 36 year old ( well I think so), 5 ft 5 , quite well proportioned, usual post baby tummy, legs not great and no norks unfortuntely!! Strawberry blonde.

Life revolves around 2 kids 5 and 3 - always walk to school and do lots of outdoorsy things. Live in NE Scotland so is always cold!!

This summer bought some stuff from Boden, Monsoon, Gap, Limited Collection at M&S and a couple of boutiques. Love my jeans and timberland boots too.

All help would be appreciated!!

Jes33 Tue 12-Aug-08 20:17:05

Help - please!!

traceybath Tue 12-Aug-08 20:18:56

Whats your budget and are you just after practical day stuff or going out stuff too?

maidamess Tue 12-Aug-08 20:24:52

I would say a winter wardrobe could consist of:

A couple of skirts to wear with boots, patterned.

Nice cords/jeans again with boots or wintry shoes. I like boyfriend slouchy ones and bootcut. Or skinnys as you're slim.

A funky coat smartish and a more casual jacket

chunky knits and thinner ones for layering

I like a jumper dress...with tight and mary janes it looks nice for evenings out, if you ever get to go out!

Sounds like a push up bra might be in order.

Jes33 Tue 12-Aug-08 20:31:15

Thanks girls.

Budget wise - prob £500ish

Like it to be good quality that will wash well and not look rubbishy after a few washes.

Daywear need most help with - going out doesn't happen too much although I like the sound of the knitted dress with mary janes.

Mostly I need to shop on line best places?

Jes33 Wed 13-Aug-08 09:36:51

Any daytime helpers??!!

bozza Wed 13-Aug-08 11:43:47

What have you got from last winter that is still OK? I think a decent but interesting warm coat is a good start.

OllieWollieWoo Wed 13-Aug-08 11:55:18

Think Maidamess has nailed the ideal winter wardrobe! All good suggestions (OllieWollowWoo scrurries off to see what is hanging in own wardrobe before hitting the shops!)

Last year I got myself a second winter coat to wear out n'about - felt I was practically living in the one I was wearing during the day so got a knee length red wool one which I saved for evenings or nice days out - which of course meant it got worn about 6 times!

Also a good neutral handbag is a good idea - something like this maybe??
here

bozza Wed 13-Aug-08 12:11:40

Yes I have got a cream winter coat that I only wear in certain situations for obvious reasons! Think I would like a more practically coloured - maybe patterned one - this winter.

Jes33 Wed 13-Aug-08 12:45:26

Coat wise I should be ok - have a brown belted one - goes to about mid thigh. For very cold days (frequent in Scotland) have long puffa coat thing ( not exactly flattering or stylish though methinks).

Would like to get some new boots and skirts. Skirts can never find and boots just not sure what type - like the biker ones but like high ones too?!!!

Have jeans, brown cords and thats about it. Love polo necks but always wear the same sludgy colours - brown/black. I probably need to make myself wear brighter colours.

OWW - love the bag.

Jes33 Wed 13-Aug-08 12:45:27

Coat wise I should be ok - have a brown belted one - goes to about mid thigh. For very cold days (frequent in Scotland) have long puffa coat thing ( not exactly flattering or stylish though methinks).

Would like to get some new boots and skirts. Skirts can never find and boots just not sure what type - like the biker ones but like high ones too?!!!

Have jeans, brown cords and thats about it. Love polo necks but always wear the same sludgy colours - brown/black. I probably need to make myself wear brighter colours.

OWW - love the bag.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Wed 13-Aug-08 12:48:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bozza Wed 13-Aug-08 15:45:38

I always prefer to buy knee length boots because they can be worn with skirts as well then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now