Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else feeling frustrated by the weather and what to wear?

(10 Posts)
badgermonkey Tue 12-Aug-08 17:03:49

I have TONS of:

* strappy vests
* light t-shirts
* cotton A-line skirt
* pretty sundresses
* nice sandals

etc etc - it has taken me a while to build up a nice summer wardrobe but I finally have one. And I have worn about 20% of it, mostly once only, this year, while I go around in jeans/t-shirts/jackets like I do the whole rest of the year anyway. I'm not going away this year but I do live by the sea so was at least hoping for some nice swanning-about weather where I could sit on the beach in shorts, or go to the pub in a dress withot lugging a cardigan with me. My feet keep freezing in sandals and the cotton skirts and thin t-shirts are no good if you get caught in a downpour (plus I think I have PTSD from having to literally wring my skirt out in a train toilet on the way home from work once - not a high point of my life).

It's just so depressing to open my wardrobe every morning and see all these lovely things that I know I will freeze in.

Niceychops Tue 12-Aug-08 17:09:25

yup it sucks. I'm mostly wearing a frown.

1wish Tue 12-Aug-08 17:11:31

I've just been sayin the same thing badgermonkey. It's really difficult to know what to wear.

If you put summer clothes on in the morning because it looks like it'll be a nice day, you can guarantee it will be raining by lunch time angry

I've taken to wearing last years winter clothes now but with a summery top underneath just in case smile

badgermonkey Tue 12-Aug-08 17:19:50

I had to go through my drawers of winter stuff to get a cardi out today. If it's not going to be sunny, it should at least have the decency to start getting cold and then we could wear lovely autumn stuff instead of always being dressed wrongly.

1wish Tue 12-Aug-08 17:20:06

Also I met my friend for lunch the other day and even though it was freezing she was wearing knee length shorts, and a little top.

When i asked why on earth she was dressed like that when its clearly freezing, she replied "my wardrobe thinks its summer, and I'm not going to argue with it, it cost me a fortune" hmm

I'm guessing she meant the clothes in the wardrobe cost a fortune, not the wardrobe itself hmm

SilentTerror Tue 12-Aug-08 17:24:44

Agree.I have worn my summer dresses/skirts etc no more than a couple of times.
Am in jeans,vest and cardigan today,but too warm in cardigan so removed it,then it starts raining again!
Am off to France next week,hoping for some better weather there!

moonmother Tue 12-Aug-08 17:29:00

Thin layers is the key,well thats what I'm doing .

Can't do anything about sandals tho sadly.sad

brimfull Tue 12-Aug-08 17:31:14

i just wear summer clothes with cotton cardi or long sleeved t-shirt

Mercy Tue 12-Aug-08 17:34:03

Yes. I have been looking at A/W clothes this week and will be ordering in the next couple of days - in preparation for our summer holiday (camping) grrrrrrrrrrr

Badgermonkey, I know just what you mean about taking time to build up a decent wardrobe, particularly a summer one.

blowsy Tue 12-Aug-08 17:34:46

Was out with dog today and noticed trees have started to turn. Can't wait to get my boots on and stop expecting that the weather will get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now