Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of this 'find your shape' thing?

(21 Posts)
noitsgrubby Tue 12-Aug-08 15:31:49

www.littlewoods.com/rf/static.do?page=landingpage19

It is part Trinny and Susannah brand but nonetheless I found it mildly diverting and it's made me think about my winter wardrobe...I've revised what I might buy now.

LisaLessLumpy Tue 12-Aug-08 17:14:45

I have no idea what shape I would be classed as, I don;t seem to fit into any of the categories hmm

I am 5ft 3, my boobs are average, my waist is there but only just, my shoulders and hips are the same measurements but I have chunky legs and a big tummy hmm

KatieDD Tue 12-Aug-08 17:16:34

I'm loving it, I'm a lollipop

FioFio Tue 12-Aug-08 17:22:08

Message withdrawn

minko Tue 12-Aug-08 18:15:55

Well I'm a cornet, but their recommendations are rubbish - I would never wear skinny jeans (and it would only accentuate my cornetty shape). Also don't like that you only find out the price of stuff once you've been through the pallava of selecting items and telling them your size and payment options!

badgermonkey Tue 12-Aug-08 18:17:47

I'm a vase, and some of the things it had told me to avoid I had already made notes to boycott after seeing myself in photos, e.g. polonecks and sleeveless round-neck tops.

missblythe Tue 12-Aug-08 18:22:16

Hmm, I TOLD it I have short legs and a long body, and then it tried to tell me I have long lithe legs (like a lollipop hmm).

It also suggests fitted tank tops over shirts. Which would

a) look a bit dodgy on anyone
b) look especially special on my FF-cups

TattooedGrrrl Wed 13-Aug-08 08:57:32

it says i'm hourglass, which i am. however, clothes not my thing at all.

Fanlight Wed 13-Aug-08 09:07:43

Not bad - I wasn't any of the shapes on the other website they did, but seem to be a vase smile

Mind you there is little in Littlewoods that tempts me...

OrmIrian Wed 13-Aug-08 09:16:14

It's all a bit vague. Why don't they ask for actual measurements. I find it so hard to define myself - I ended up saying 'average' for everything hmm

DUSTIN Wed 13-Aug-08 09:17:46

I am a column but I don't think I would wear the strapless things they suggest as I have nothing to hold it up.

Gok wan does a similiar thing on his channel 4 site. He has a bigger selection of clothes from a few stores.

fishie Wed 13-Aug-08 09:22:13

i am goblet. the clothes they suggest on that site are ghastly, much better in the book.

Not sure I wanted to know that I'm a goblet hmm grin

SuperSillyus Wed 13-Aug-08 09:44:57

I'm a vase -an empty vessel...thought so grin

thehairybabysmum Wed 13-Aug-08 09:46:43

Oh dear...im reading this wearing a tank top over a shirt and i also have FF boobs, I actually think said outfit is v flattering to my large norks but am worried now Miss Blythe.

Miaou Wed 13-Aug-08 10:00:35

I'm a column, apparently. Despite like missblythe telling the thing I have short legs. And no way could I hold up a strapless dress! So all of their recommendations make no sense, then!

Mind you I don't know why I looked because I hate fashion grin

titchy Wed 13-Aug-08 10:13:09

It doesn't take height into account which is a shame. I'm a pear/skittle and it recommends wide-leg trousers, but at just short of 5 feet tall I look ridiculous in wide trousers. It also said not to wear fitted dresses, but as I'm not hugely overweight fitted dresses (as long as I have hold-it-all-in-knickers on!) look pretty good on me.

missblythe Wed 13-Aug-08 10:34:51

Am sure you look FABULOUS, HairyMum!

I, on the other hand, would look like I had been stuffed and then upholstered.

thehairybabysmum Wed 13-Aug-08 13:05:06

Ha Ha...i dont do fabulous thats for sure, especially on a work day!!

Damm thing wont work on my work computer, will have to try it tonight.

Bumdiddley Wed 13-Aug-08 14:23:36

Well I did it - I'm a pear - no surprise.

Most boring selection of clothes and horribly expensive £39 for a grey cardie!!

OurHamsterisevil Wed 13-Aug-08 21:11:54

Apparently I'm a Cello, I used to play the cello in primary school. :}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now