Talk

Advanced search

Never mind the summer holiday stuff now - shall I buy this jacket?

(22 Posts)
Clary Tue 12-Aug-08 00:19:28

It's from Boden inevitably.
in pink

I also like this one in green well I'm not sure about the colour but the others are too boring (for me - I need to break out of rut, colour-wise - as I realsied when navy-T-wearing DH berated me for always wearing brown).

Would I wear it (either of them?)? For going to work when too warm for big winter coat? With jeans on school run day?

any views?

controlfreakyagain Tue 12-Aug-08 00:27:25

get where you're coming from re the wanting colour thing.... but those are NOT NICE (and not even cheap). the pink is lairy and that green is too acid. you can do better! do you wear jackets now? might you be better buying some colour in form of tops / jumper??

Clary Tue 12-Aug-08 00:32:15

Oh are they not nice?

I just recall s/one recommending a wool jacket when it's too cold for a cardi (I bus/cycle to work so need to be warm) and too warm for big coat.

ATM my only alternative is lurid green waterproof mac. Very fetching on a wet beach, maybe not so much as I stroll in to the office.

Is a showerproof short mac of some kind better? (sigh)

Purplepillow Tue 12-Aug-08 00:37:34

Well I quite like the pink one, can't stand green but I probably wouldn't wear it to be honest, but if you like them then go for it grin

joliejolie Tue 12-Aug-08 00:43:37

I like the tweedy one and even considered getting it. I am not the glam type and am a pretty conservative dresser I suppose. I would wear it with jeans and a funky scarf to jazz it up a bit. I did order the trench coat because it is waterproof, but not too much like a raincoat. Should do nicely for running my dc around this autumn.

The pink is nice IMO. As far as doing better...it may be true, but who can be arsed??

giddly Tue 12-Aug-08 08:47:01

Am also looking for something like this, but those colours are not for me. Those who say OP could do better - any suggestions of where to look would be appreciated. Thanks

thehairybabysmum Tue 12-Aug-08 09:10:55

Personally i really like the green and think it would look great with jeans.

maidamess Tue 12-Aug-08 09:13:55

Its the corsage that makes it look good. Without that its a bit boring. Does it come with the jacket?

Clary Tue 12-Aug-08 09:26:45

No suspect no corsage included.

I actually prefer the pink one as yes, the green is a bit bananas colour-wise (maybe a purple would have been better).

Was thinking of ordering both and the returning one (or both!).

I agree not cheap, but I bought my lovely summer cardi from there for £45 (gasp) which makes £95 for a jacket look OK tbh.

But yes I agree, if there’s better stuff out there, where is it (you know you want to save me tromping round the shops)

nailpolish Tue 12-Aug-08 10:02:33

i LOVE the green

the style is fab and that green is my favourite colour

i have a corsage just like that - got it for £2.99 from a boutique near me

nailpolish Tue 12-Aug-08 10:03:57

for similar but more muted colours try lk bennett

nailpolish Tue 12-Aug-08 10:05:17

or for ultimate bargain

nailpolish Tue 12-Aug-08 10:07:28

also joules

SilentTerror Tue 12-Aug-08 12:54:24

I like the green ,and suspect colour will be nicer ib RL.
I have got the Velvet jacket in Prune colour from Boden for such occasions as you describe.It looks very nice,looking forward to wearing it!

nappyaddict Tue 12-Aug-08 13:59:07

silentterror - are you a nurse/doctor? it's just i was looking for advice about calpol and you were telling someone the hospital dose is 20mg/kg. is that a 4 or 6 hourly dose?

sorry for the hijack!!

SilentTerror Tue 12-Aug-08 14:36:57

Yes Nappy,am paediatric nurse!
Hospital dose is 20mg per kg for a 6 hourly dose of calpol.
HTH!

nappyaddict Tue 12-Aug-08 14:37:36

what is it for a 4 hourly dose?

SilentTerror Tue 12-Aug-08 14:41:52

Well we work out t he dose for 24 hrs,eg 10kg body weight x 20mg,200mg dose 6 hrly means 800mg in 24 hrs.
If you wanted 4 hrly divide 800mg by 6 and give that dose,ifyswim.
800 mg would be maximum daily dose.

nappyaddict Tue 12-Aug-08 14:55:45

ah i see. so if i wanted to give a dose every 4 hours but was only going to give 4 doses a day would i go by the 20mg/kg cos over 24 hours i would be giving the same as if it were four 6 hourly doses iyswim?

SilentTerror Tue 12-Aug-08 15:25:15

Yes,that is right.
Hope all ok.

nappyaddict Tue 12-Aug-08 15:27:59

yes was just panicking i had overdosed ds on calpol cos i gave 10ml.

littlerach Tue 12-Aug-08 15:34:11

I think the green is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now