Talk

Advanced search

Too late to buy new nursing bras??

(7 Posts)
cafebistro Mon 11-Aug-08 15:56:20

My nursing bras are becoming very tatty but im not sure if its worth buying new ones and whether im likely to stay this size for the rest of my bfing. DD is 6 months now so will be reducing her feeding as she is weaned...is this likely to reduce my bust size? I plan to feed for at least another 6 months and cant bear to think i'll be wearing these tatty things all that time. But i dont want to buy them only to change size because of weaning and therefore wasting money...i havent got much!!

EffiePerine Mon 11-Aug-08 15:59:35

Shh, but you don't have to wear nursing bras all the time you're bfing! I was in normal underwireds from about 10 months (when DS was feeding much less during the day) and wished I'd gone back to them earlier. Horrible things.

cafebistro Mon 11-Aug-08 16:06:24

OOO, never thought about that effie...does everyone do that??

DisplacementActivity Mon 11-Aug-08 16:10:41

Message withdrawn

EffiePerine Mon 11-Aug-08 16:14:11

If you aren't leaking much or feeding all the time, no need for nursing bras IMO . I just hoiked the cup down rather than unclipping it IYSWIM.

popsycal Mon 11-Aug-08 16:15:42

I fed ds2 past this point and eventually went back into normal bras (underwired) but would occasionally wear nursing ones if planning on feeding in public.

Had to buy different size to pre-pregnancy size though.

witchandchips Mon 11-Aug-08 16:22:24

around 9 months my norks suddenly deflated (honestly they looked like balloons 5 days after a party - all floppy + wrinkly). Went back into normal bras then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now