Talk

Advanced search

high waisted jeans

(19 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Sun 10-Aug-08 19:18:41

what's the verdict on these? I tried some on today out of curiousity and they were really rather good

lou33 Sun 10-Aug-08 19:19:39

i havent tried hw jeans, but i do have a pencil skirt in the same style which i love

paolosgirl Sun 10-Aug-08 19:21:50

<shudder>

As someone who wore them the fisrt time around, I can only say nooooooooooooooo

They make your bum look huge (and I was a skinny size 6-8)

woodenchair Sun 10-Aug-08 19:54:22

I wear high waisted trousers and jeans for comfort not for style. They just seem to stay in place rather than giving me a muffin top.

I would NEVER wear them with anything tucked in or too short. and I don't understand high waisted skinny jeans!

My2Monkeys Sun 10-Aug-08 20:33:19

I LOVE high waisted jeans and am SO pleased that they're back! I've just never felt comfortable in anything else, and personally I also think that low waists only look good on REALLY skinny women - any hint of a muffin top, yuck!!! Like woodenchair, I don't wear them with anything tucked in - but then I think low-waisted jeans look ridiculous with anything tucked in too. I also generally avoid short tops anyway, because I have a long body.

I'm a tall size 14 and have just got myself a pair of high waisted skinny jeans, and I've never had so many compliments on a pair of jeans before!

Heated Sun 10-Aug-08 20:36:01

My2Monkeys, if you don't mind saying, where did you get them from?

LetThemEatCake Sun 10-Aug-08 20:36:37

where did you get them My2Monkeys?

these were wide legged ones that I tried on, almost sailor style

southeastastra Sun 10-Aug-08 20:37:13

i love my topshop ones. they give me a waist. bring back waists!

SirDigbyChickenCaesar Sun 10-Aug-08 20:37:14

can you get high waisted jeans that aren;t skinny jeans thgouh? i want high waisted boyfriend style jeans. <pouts>

MrsMattie Sun 10-Aug-08 20:38:28

I can honestly say that apart from a few heavily styled celebrities in magazines, I haven't seen anyone in RL looking good in them. They just look a bit comical. And if you aren't very thin they look worse than comical.

LetThemEatCake Sun 10-Aug-08 20:38:49

like these SirDigby?

SirDigbyChickenCaesar Sun 10-Aug-08 20:40:03

grin yay! thank you! (really should have actually looked for some before i pouted i guess!)

southeastastra Sun 10-Aug-08 20:41:38

i have some next slouch jeans that you can hoik up to waist level with a belt, they're comfy

my favs are still levi 501s

LetThemEatCake Sun 10-Aug-08 20:45:23

a bit of a pout ever hurt anyone - practically de rigeur with an oh-so-fashionable high-waisted jean!!! Pout away!

fishie Sun 10-Aug-08 20:45:33

uniqlo have some but haven't tried yet, will have a go this week and report back.

i am very short in body though, so a normal pair of hipsters are at my waist (or where it might be if i actually went in at all in the middle)

southeastastra Sun 10-Aug-08 20:49:14

i do find that alot of 'high waisted' just means normal waist nowadays

MrsMattie Sun 10-Aug-08 20:51:01

Normal waist = fine. It's just those really high waisted, cinched in ones with wide legs I particularly dislike. They don't look good on anyone apart from Kate Moss, and even she looks a bit like a 1970s Blue Peter presenter in them. And if you got an arse and thighs? Forget it.

SirDigbyChickenCaesar Sun 10-Aug-08 21:03:25

i've got a really high waist (well, if i had a waist it would be high...) so i will try some and see how they work out.

My2Monkeys Sun 10-Aug-08 21:53:57

Sorry Heated and LTEC, I got them in Belgium, visiting a friend for the weekend - wish I'd got more than one pair now!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now