Talk

Advanced search

If you have legs like a rugby player and are going somewhere where you will by the pool alot....

(15 Posts)

What do you wear? I have only ONE pair of shorts and they look sh*t. Have dreadful, dreadful legs. I was wondering if a shortish skirt would be better than shorts, it is very warm where we are going so we will be round the pool alot in swimwear alot <shudder> I tried on a sarong in fat face today but it just looked like I had nicked a sheet and tied it round my waist (am short too). PLEASE help me! I have one last shopping trip tomorrow before I go on holiday and I HAVE to get something.

LetThemEatCake Sun 10-Aug-08 19:19:58

could you find a wrap skirt instead of a sarong? more flowy and flattering?

Sounds good but WHERE?!!

traceybath Sun 10-Aug-08 19:26:39

long linen wrap skirt and in the sale

Are all other mumsnetters gamine-like? How nauseating wink

That might be a bit long Traceybath - I am facing the fact that it will be so hot that my legs may need to light of day to some extent sad wink

traceybath Sun 10-Aug-08 19:30:37

how about a knee lenght sun dress or pull on skirt - think the white company have got some towelling ones which are also in sale and would be good by pool.

i hate shorts by pool - never as comfy as a dress or skirt.

nancy75 Sun 10-Aug-08 19:30:59

get a sarong and fold it so its not right down to your ankles

pgwithnumber3 Sun 10-Aug-08 19:31:06

My legs are okay but if I was you, I would cover up with a sarong tied around your waist like a skirt. like this You can get sarongs everywhere.

missblythe Sun 10-Aug-08 19:31:22

Something like this?:

kaftan

or this

dress

I prefer to sling on an easy dress-shorts make me look like a stout scout

OOh the white company ones sound good, there is one of those where I am going tomorrow. Right, that's top of my places to try! I really hate shorts. If you don't have fantastic legs they look awful and make your arse look huuuaaauuge <wonders if arse may actually just be huge...>

Mutt Sun 10-Aug-08 19:35:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iamdingdong Sun 10-Aug-08 19:35:55

I hate my legs too they are really awful despite gym I wear 3/4 length trousers, knee/mid calf length dresses or skirts but am 5'7 so that might not help you - but I do sympathise if that's any use!

MissBlythe -thanks for the links, I just want to cover my bottom half though, norks are one of my better bits (obviously they will be covered by swimming costume) grin

themoon66 Sun 10-Aug-08 19:39:04

I find V shaped sarongs better than big squares. that way you cover the backs of your legs and sides of thighs. But you get a nice hanging down fringy bit at the front. Looks very slimming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now