Talk

Advanced search

Thigh Rub and Skirts.... Help!

(16 Posts)
ChukkyPig Sat 09-Aug-08 20:36:50

Love wearing the flippy flappy skirts but in the last year getting dreadful thigh rub in the summer, v sore.

Is it only me? If not, what's the solution?

I don't really want to wear tights and anyway seem to wear holes even in them!

I imagine some little shorts would be the answer - but do such things exist?

I don't really want to have to wear full on trinny and susannah skin-tight "fat-pants" every day as they look v uncomfortable. Also can take a while to peel off I imagine, and my pelvic floor's not what it was...

I'm starting a new job soon, after being at home with the baby and really fancy a beskirted look. So any help would be brilliant!

wessexgirl Sat 09-Aug-08 20:38:24

Ooh, yes, there are some comfortable shorts-type things on the market but I'm not sure where you get them - I'm sure there was a thread about it a while back. Hopefully someone with more info will be along soon!

ChukkyPig Sat 09-Aug-08 21:04:31

Wessex thanks. I have tried searching old threads but no joy yet.... Hope someone takes pity on me!!

wessexgirl Sat 09-Aug-08 21:07:44

Oh, I found it! They were called comfort shorts, available from Evans - here.

ChukkyPig Sat 09-Aug-08 21:18:50

Wessex you are a genius! Thank you so much!! grin

wessexgirl Sat 09-Aug-08 21:19:56

I aim to please <breathes on nails; polishes them on lapel>. grin

foofi Sat 09-Aug-08 21:21:55

There is also a new gel or something designed to counteract this problem - will come back with a link if I can find it.

foofi Sat 09-Aug-08 21:23:52

think this is it

ChukkyPig Sat 09-Aug-08 21:26:44

And only £4 a pop! Going to splash out big time. I was going to spend my new job money on nice lingerie, as I've (nearly) stopped BF. Sure DH will be pleased with my evans shorts instead though!!!

4andnotout Sat 09-Aug-08 21:28:21

I wear them everytime i wear a skirt and they are fab! Have them in every colour (that is something i shouldn't be proud of isn't it!)

ChukkyPig Sat 09-Aug-08 21:31:56

Thanks Foofi that gel looks worth a shot as well!

Think I'll have a go with both and see what works best. As far as DH goes, having ditched the lingerie for knee length pants maybe I should describe the other stuff as "rubbing gel" with a wink and hope he forgets all about it by the time it arrives!

woodenchair Sat 09-Aug-08 22:12:34

The comfort shorts are fab. I've even worn dresses this summer where before they were just too uncomfortable.

Chukky, they are £4 for 2 pairs I think, even better!

ChukkyPig Sat 09-Aug-08 22:16:21

OMG it's a bargain bonanza! Going to hit evans on the high street tomorrow with £4 gripped in my sweaty paw (rather than between my sweaty thighs, they probably wouldn't appreciate that).

PinkChick Sat 09-Aug-08 22:19:34

when i was younger and went cubbing in dresses i used to wear a pair of short cycling shorts!
black with black dress, white with light colours as theyre silky material they were fabsmile..albeit not sexy if your off home with your boyfsmile

ChukkyPig Sat 09-Aug-08 22:21:56

I think my new job is 9-5 in a mainly female office, so hopefully I won't have to show anyone my pants!

PinkChick Sat 09-Aug-08 22:24:04

LOl you might do, if the other girls have same probwinksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now