Talk

Advanced search

Monsoon Chatswoth Party Dress. Can anyone help!!!

(25 Posts)
caykon Sat 09-Aug-08 19:33:22

I am in desperate need of monsoon chatswoth party dress in size 7-8 years. It has gone in the sale so now can't get hold of one.
Have checked ebaybut none in the size needed. Can anyone help? Either by having a dress they want to sell or being able to get me one from a local monsoon.
Thankyou

mrswoolf Sat 09-Aug-08 19:45:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

caykon Sat 09-Aug-08 19:50:06

hi I serced their online store but could no longer find the dress. But will definately try phoning them thankyou.

mrswoolf Sun 10-Aug-08 12:16:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

princessparkle Mon 11-Aug-08 09:49:00

I dont think they will locate sale items for you. The best way to try and get one would be to ring shops yourself and pay over the phone and have it posted to you.

caykon Mon 11-Aug-08 15:22:19

We tried that with all the local shops and tbh they were quite unhelpful, we had item code and none wanted it, they asked us to describe dress to see if they recognised it, one big store replied i am standing in front of the childrens dressses and cant see it sorry, this took them a whole 10secs to decide they had no stock, so don't know if I can trust them to check properly

princessparkle Tue 12-Aug-08 09:44:52

When did you need the dress for?

caykon Wed 13-Aug-08 09:17:44

Not till january, my sister has fallen in love with them for bridesmaid dresses.

TheFifthApe Wed 13-Aug-08 09:19:42

what is the code and general description?

I have a big Monsoon up the road and will check at lunch

joliejolie Wed 13-Aug-08 09:45:59

In my experience, it is near imposible to get a Monsoon item once it goes into the sale. You might have better luck because the expensive dresses don't always all sell, but once they take it down to 70% there is usually nothing left.
Hope you find one!

caykon Wed 13-Aug-08 11:04:52

<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360077613477&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=0 23>

This is the dress but wrong size sad

TheFifthApe Wed 13-Aug-08 11:08:46

23 link

TheFifthApe Wed 13-Aug-08 11:09:42

so you want a 7-8?

will have a look

shall I ask them if they wil reserve it and you pay over the phone if they have it?

chelsygirl Wed 13-Aug-08 11:13:59

hi caykon, try going into your local monsoon again and asking for a compliments slip with all of the phone numbers of the monsoons in GB at the back. then ask the assistant to tell you which store stock childrenswear. phone then yourself, but call either at 9.15am or 5pm when they are quiet or no one will look properly for you.

oh and when you are asking the asst. in your local store which stores on the compilment slip sells childrenswear ask her what the bigger stores are, they'll have more stock than the little stores.

also when phoning the stores have the stylr number of the dress (a 6 digit number) ready and ask them to check it on their till to see if they have any in stock, remember to give them the size you want. maNY stores will have temps in for the sale and they might not know you can check the stock on the till instead of going round the sales floor.

shops to check meanwhile that have kids clothes are Monsoon Braehead, Monsoon Glasgow Buchanan Street and Monsoon Edinburgh Princes St. also Silverburn Monsoon (new shop with a lot of stock), all large shops in Scotland (get the numbers from monsoon.co.uk or google them

good luck, you should be able to get it eventually!

chelsygirl Wed 13-Aug-08 11:15:16

style number blush, get this from the sales asst. in your local store

caykon Wed 13-Aug-08 12:33:09

thankyou everyone for your help lets hope we manage to find one somewhere

princessparkle Wed 13-Aug-08 17:24:19

I wouldnt ask for all the numbers of all the monsoons in GB!! You could do that yourself anyway off the website. And the tills are not accurate particulary during sale. Since you dont need them until January you could wait until sale has finished and then try the sale stores. When the shops end sale they all send the remaining stock to their nearest sale store. Theres about 5 i think. Or just keep checking ebay, im sure one will go on there eventually.

chelsygirl Wed 13-Aug-08 20:04:33

the numbers will be on the back of the compliment slips

chelsygirl Wed 13-Aug-08 20:05:40

(printed on the back of the slips)

chelsygirl Wed 13-Aug-08 20:07:20

thing is, once the kidswear goes to 70%, it'll disappear (if it hasn't already gone to 70%)

macherie Wed 13-Aug-08 20:24:22

If you have until January then I'm sure you will get it on ebay. If you are patient EVERYTHING comes up on ebay, and Monsoon girls dresses are really popular there, particularly 'special occasion' dresses that don't get many outings.

Set up a favourite search, for monsoon dresses (not just Chatsworth as some sellers may not put that in the listing) for that age and they email you every day with newly listed items. I regularly spot dresses in Monsoon and then buy them on ebay for dd for half the price wink

pamplemousse Wed 13-Aug-08 20:31:20

I have found them very helpful in the South East when phoning for a particular dress for my sisters prom night. She paid over the phone and they posted it. Maybe try Tunbridge Wells (large store) and Brighton just cos they were so helpful, but do phone at 9.15am as someone previously suggested ;) Good luck

princessparkle Wed 13-Aug-08 21:24:02

Everything has gone to 70% by the way.

joliejolie Wed 13-Aug-08 21:34:31

Very occasionally some of the smarter dresses are put out again for a mid-season sale (or even the next sale). They don't normally go to the 70%, so maybe the shops just put them away to try their luck in the next sale.

TheFifthApe Thu 14-Aug-08 12:32:29

nothing in mine, they had that gold one in 4/5 and 10/11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now