Talk

Advanced search

Ok, I'm dead fat and I want a nice crepe/jersey panelled or swishy knee length skirt

(15 Posts)
Lauriefairycake Sat 09-Aug-08 18:53:46

to wear with my nice long, fit my fat calves duo boots

I went to Monsoon today and the only ones they had were those prom type ones that flared from the waist. I looked like something you would put on a (large) wedding cake.

I want one straight at the waist and flarey going towards the knee.

There is one in M and S online in plain black which I'm going to buy but I want a nice colour like brown/patterned but not old lady like. Like the Carrie-ish one in SATC in Paris, black and white chiffon elongated stripes (I wish) which was by Sonia Rykiel

Size 18/20

grin

traceybath Sat 09-Aug-08 20:01:40

swishy skirt

batters Sat 09-Aug-08 20:17:46

The link traceybath has made is to a very similar Boden skirt that I already have. I bought it when I was a size 18. It is very swishy and goes really, really well with my Duo boots strangely enough. Have a look at the boden sale as well - there may be last season's swishy skirt on there, I got mine for £18 I think.

WilfSell Sat 09-Aug-08 20:20:34

Does that skirt shape work with fat arses then? I find a bit too er clingy...

batters Sat 09-Aug-08 20:22:15

no my arse very umm generous and I have really had lots of compliments wearing very similar skirt .

batters Sat 09-Aug-08 20:23:59

ah they do have last season's skirt in the sale for £36 - but the only size 18 left is a coral colour.

WilfSell Sat 09-Aug-08 20:26:53

Or puke as it's more often known...

batters Sat 09-Aug-08 20:28:04

lol - perhaps the coral colour isn't the nicest....

Lauriefairycake Sat 09-Aug-08 20:43:54

the coral is not great but the linked colours are fab, I like the navy a lot

SilentTerror Sat 09-Aug-08 22:15:57

Boden swishy jersey skirts are great at flattering curves,imo.

fishie Sat 09-Aug-08 22:20:23

what size are you lfc? i have an olden times boden skirt, 16 i think. pink and brown.

PinkChick Sat 09-Aug-08 22:23:25

i bought two fab ones today, both same style diff colour from principles, size 18 one brown one beige, fitted across tummy and then kind of loose foldy flippy pleats..really nice and i ODNT wear knee lengh skirts..however they were in sale so not sure if theyd still have on website??

Lauriefairycake Sun 10-Aug-08 11:59:30

is it these ones pinkchick??

www.principles.co.uk/fcp/departmentprod/DEPARTMENT/SKIRTS-SALE?resetFilters=true

the black one and the black and white one?

they still have size 20 so they might fit.

Lauriefairycake Sun 10-Aug-08 12:00:42

sorry meant the brown one

I like the black and white one a lot, just wondering if there's too much material around the thighs?

PinkChick Sun 10-Aug-08 20:18:43

same style as white or red one. no they just drop from hip(i have ample hipssmile), really nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now