Talk

Advanced search

My waxing woman is quite possibly the best in the world ..................

(16 Posts)
mosschops30 Sat 09-Aug-08 16:08:19

I went for my 2nd hollywood today and barely felt a thing.
First time was a bit painful during the deed but fine afterwards.
This time was chatting happily away and she'd lamost finished before I noticed.
I love her grin although how she manages to hold a decent conversation whilst fiddling with my bits is beyond me grin

bellavita Sat 09-Aug-08 16:12:20

You must have a high pain threshold envy.

When I went for my holiday waxing a couple of weeks ago, my palms were sweating before she began!

MindingMum Sat 09-Aug-08 16:17:33

Oooh interested in this because I'm going for my first ever bikini wax this week. I feel very blush about it.
When I went to make the appointment, the lady said "don't worry, I'm very gentle" and I was too blush to say that it wasn't the pain I was worried about - more the thought of her fiddling 'down there'
Do you have to discribe how much hair you want off or just point?

bellavita Sat 09-Aug-08 16:32:28

Minding - are you having a bikini wax, hollywood or brazilian? Whichever one you have asked for she will know how much to take.

For a bikini wax I keep my pants on, the waxer gives me two tissues and I took one in either side of the knicker elastic so the wax does not stray. So really for this, no bits are seen.

When I have had a brazilian (different lady), I was given paper pants to wear and she told me which bits to pull in which direction. In fact she would take my hand and guide it to the bits which needed to be pulled taut.

MindingMum Sat 09-Aug-08 16:57:36

thank-you bellavita.
I'm not sure what it's called but I want just a small neat patch of hair and everything else off. What is that called?

MindingMum Sat 09-Aug-08 16:59:26

Also, I'm a really big girl so i doubt they'd have paper pants to fit me so should i just wear some that i am prepared to throw away?

pickie Sat 09-Aug-08 17:04:44

Mindingmum - little landing strip is called a brazilian. Had this done a couple of months ago for the 1st time and if you can find a beautician that uses hot waxing as it is not painful at all!

I had to take knickers off and grin and bare it allgrin but worth it though!!

Uranus Sat 09-Aug-08 17:06:08

where do you live MossChops? I have been struggling to get a decent wax since leaving London

bellavita Sat 09-Aug-08 17:16:34

pickie has beat me to it with the name, but honestly a beautician has seen it all before!

Pruners Sat 09-Aug-08 17:20:26

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sat 09-Aug-08 17:23:32

I have never been on all fours - but, I have had to put one leg over her shoulder and flop the other leg over then pull the bits taught.

Pruners Sat 09-Aug-08 17:24:31

Message withdrawn

bellavita Sat 09-Aug-08 17:26:25

Yes, forgot to say, they do do all the awkward bits and your bum grin

mosschops30 Sat 09-Aug-08 21:04:21

Im in Cardiff Uranus, where r u?

Its pretty humiliating but she just chats away whilst pulling bits here there and everywhere.
I have to flop legs out to start, then legs in air (one at a time), the turn round on all fours blush
worth it though, after last time no re-growth for about 3 weeks and then was quite downy and soft, Im just gonna keep going.

Bit hmm that my lower haircut costs me the same as my proper haircut grin

Uranus Mon 11-Aug-08 10:04:25

I'm on the south coast MC, so unfortunately no good for me. I use to get mine done by an amazing Polish woman in London. She contorted me into all sorts of shapes, but I was so smooth and hairfree. Cost me £50 a time, but it was well worth it. Now it only costs me £15, but none of the women down here take off all the hair in every nook and cranny

envy at your great waxing

yaz2 Mon 11-Aug-08 13:39:02

I just had my first ever hollywood i think as I am abroad the launguge is a bit of a barrier all the hair off at the frond but not the bum so maybe a mixture of both it was quite painful at the time but feels fine now. normally I just have a bikini wax so this was a whole new game for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now