Talk

Advanced search

Tinted moisturisers??

(26 Posts)
clarebear1 Sat 09-Aug-08 09:21:18

I normally have dry skin but since the summer came i got a tinted moisturiser for light coverage but its making me really oily so ive stopped using it.
Does anyone else have this problem or can anyone suggest a tinted moisturiser thats not gonna make me greasy? Thanks

LynetteScavo Sat 09-Aug-08 09:30:24

I used Boots no 7

clarebear1 Sat 09-Aug-08 10:06:30

thats the 1 im using atm, not as bad as the benefit one i was using before but still making me oily,maybe i just shouldnt use them!

rookiemater Sat 09-Aug-08 11:25:25

I use Clinique almost makeup, I think its fab. Why don't you try mineral make up instead, I think maybelline does it not too expensively.

Bumperlicious Sat 09-Aug-08 11:35:50

I have started using the clinique one too, I love it. It's very moisturing and sheer but not too greasy, and has SPF too.

lou33 Sat 09-Aug-08 11:39:39

i use the boots botanics one

Lauriefairycake Sat 09-Aug-08 11:40:34

any chance it's just cos your skins warmer/more greasy cos its summer anyway? And not the actual tinted moisturiser

in my experience I have to put up with shinier skin in summer unless I slap a load of powder/powder substitutes on or use a mineral based make-up and I do not have greasy skin

Lauriefairycake Sat 09-Aug-08 11:40:59

I use the prescriptives one (£22 on qvcuk.com)

AuntieMaggie Sat 09-Aug-08 11:47:38

I decided to try the avon personal match barely there tinted moisturiser (spf 15) and quite like it. It's quite light, and I top it off with loose powder. Not greasy at all. Also quite cheap - I got mine as a 2 items for £8 deal.

clarebear1 Sat 09-Aug-08 23:50:45

its not that im sweaty in the summer i thought that but ive been using it in this poo weather too and its the same. Tried mineral make up but it really shows my pores so thats a no no. Illl just ave to go to few counters and ask for counters maybe get some samples,ill check out the clinique 1 thanks.

mrswoolf Sun 10-Aug-08 12:20:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lou33 Mon 11-Aug-08 11:24:57

am i the only person who doesnt rate clinique?

SilentTerror Mon 11-Aug-08 12:18:15

I am using Tesco Skin Wisdom one atm,bought it as a cheap try of tinted moisturisers but it is great!
Was about £4 i think

Peachy Mon 11-Aug-08 12:19:31

The on;y pne that is good for my (pathetically sensitive skin) is the M&S one

shhhh Mon 11-Aug-08 14:53:34

lou, I hate clinique...I used to love them BUT now I have moved onto other make up I so hate them..hmm.

I don't find that their products made much difference to my skin iykwim and I never found their colours bold enough..unlike MAC pigments etc......

Tinted moisturiser..I use a chanel one and its brill...very easy to apply and not heavy at all. I never notice shine BUT I do apply on top a dusting of powder so maybe that helps.?

It may also be worth dropping your moisturiser when using tinted so you are not over moisturising iykiwm...? Or if you have a foundation you are happy with make your own tinted by adding foundation to moisturiser..?!!

shhhh Mon 11-Aug-08 14:53:36

lou, I hate clinique...I used to love them BUT now I have moved onto other make up I so hate them..hmm.

I don't find that their products made much difference to my skin iykwim and I never found their colours bold enough..unlike MAC pigments etc......

Tinted moisturiser..I use a chanel one and its brill...very easy to apply and not heavy at all. I never notice shine BUT I do apply on top a dusting of powder so maybe that helps.?

It may also be worth dropping your moisturiser when using tinted so you are not over moisturising iykiwm...? Or if you have a foundation you are happy with make your own tinted by adding foundation to moisturiser..?!!

lou33 Mon 11-Aug-08 15:27:56

i just find clinique a huge let down

especially their moisturiser

cornsilk Mon 11-Aug-08 15:31:28

I always use Laura Mercier in nude.

SixSpotBurnet Mon 11-Aug-08 15:36:41

Boots No 7 has really improved recently. I rate it as highly as Laura Mercier now and it's much cheaper.

I agree that Clinique moisturiser is pants.

shhhh Mon 11-Aug-08 22:07:14

laura mercier is meant to be quite good...whats the cost cornsilk..?

DonutMum Tue 12-Aug-08 12:13:08

Benefit You Rebel is fab and has spf 15.

Pinkjenny Tue 12-Aug-08 12:20:02

I used to use Laura Mercier but switched to Benefit You Rebel, and haven't really noticed a difference.

Except to my bank balance. grin

cornsilk Tue 12-Aug-08 21:42:22

Laura Mercier about £30 from the counter but cheaper online e.g. at strawberry.net
Lasts me ages.

Madigan Wed 13-Aug-08 17:37:08

Just bought the clarins one, with SPF 20, and I think it is great.
Also - Dr Hauschka toned day cream is very good.

blowsy Wed 13-Aug-08 17:45:25

I love the Clarins one too. It's a bit on the wedgy side though - £38 I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now