Talk

Advanced search

Need some general advice, hair make-up, etc (pic inc) i am a copy cat lol.

(15 Posts)
pucca Fri 08-Aug-08 23:52:16

I have never been very into make-up, hair, clothes etc but need a boost.

I have put some pictures of me on my profile for you to see (not very nice ones but most recent) need advice from you all. I bite my nails (disgusting i know!) and i am <unfortunately> a size 18/20, naturally curly hair which is a right mess atm so i need a spruce up please and you all seem so good at giving advice.

Thank you muchly smile

Stargazing Sat 09-Aug-08 00:05:23

get out of it, you're gorgeous! all puffy lips and smouldering eyes. you don't need help. Well, ,maybe glasses!!

Stargazing Sat 09-Aug-08 00:06:35

and beautiful skin.

[sulks, envy, grumpy]

ButNotThatBrave Sat 09-Aug-08 00:12:07

grin pucca!

Now, by my own admission I'm rubbish at this sort of thing, but you look like you could carry off some great strong colours, and you have lovely full lips so a nice, deep, glossy lipstick would seem a good place to start?

Your hair looks darker in second pic and that suits you, plays up the smouldering sultry style.

pucca Sat 09-Aug-08 00:17:48

I had the sun in my eyes lol.

Thanks for the nice comments though, tbh i feel old and haggard most of the time, i do actually wear glasses sometimes too (which i hate but i can't afford laser eye treatment sulk sulk and not too keen on contacts).

What do you think hair colour though? i did used to have highlights, or do you think stick with the dark? it is looking quite gingery atm as my colour has faded quite a bit and the highlights are showing through again.

RubyRioja Sat 09-Aug-08 00:20:52

I think you look very attractive envy
I wonder if a darker hair colour would make your hair look shinier, so if you feel in need of MOT, how about hair trim and colour?

pucca Sat 09-Aug-08 00:22:40

I HATE my hair, and have fought the frizz/curls all my life, i was thinking of cutting it all off tbh, it never seems to look shiny or styled...just there lol.

RubyRioja Sat 09-Aug-08 00:24:41

nooooooooooooooo
love your curls
can you find a hairdresser with natural curls who 'gets' them?

pucca Sat 09-Aug-08 00:25:59

Ruby... I am a hairdresser myself, but my own hair always looks so crap, i always seem to be hacked whenever i go any where myself, it really bugs me.

brimfull Sat 09-Aug-08 00:28:40

your hair is gorgeous

you should embrace those curls,get a layered cut to enhance the curls

will find a pic

RubyRioja Sat 09-Aug-08 00:31:27

cobblers children are the worst shod pucca
I can see it must be hard to trust someone though.

brimfull Sat 09-Aug-08 00:32:47

can't believe you're a hairdresser and you hate those curls

this could be you!

mammya Sat 09-Aug-08 00:59:05

oooh I've always wanted curls like yours envy I have dead straight hairs (striaghteners? pah!)
I think you look very nice. and young - lovely skin and luscious lips envy

sorry not helpful - too late, too drunk grin

twoGsinBuggerOff Sat 09-Aug-08 01:02:40

hi pucca - i have a nailbiting clique if youd like to join...

pucca Mon 11-Aug-08 22:39:43

Sorry for the delay, totally forgot i had started this thread blush

2Gsinbuggeroff (love the name) i think i am going to get acrylics again as once my nails get a certain length i don't bite them, and have really nice shaped strong nails when i do get them long, its just getting past the finger tip that i find the biggest problem. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now