Talk

Advanced search

Honest hairstyle opinions please - having a mid life crisis

(13 Posts)
turquoise Fri 08-Aug-08 19:20:38

Ok, I'm 44 but kid myself I don't look it, blondish, oval(ish) faced, and am currently yearning to have my hair cut either like this or
this which is obviously some weird return to the eighties (seventies?) mid life crisis going on.

Would it look hideously mutton?

Or should I go for something a bit more modern like
this or
this? Or would I still look a sad old middle aged hag?

Haven't had a fringe in years but have quite a high forehead, I think it would be ok.

southeastastra Fri 08-Aug-08 19:24:54

my hair looks like the second link grin

cocolepew Fri 08-Aug-08 19:28:00

First one for sure
<<completely unbiased Blondie fan emoticon>>

turquoise Fri 08-Aug-08 19:28:15

grin Oops, sorry - only meant 70s in relation to me - she's off some ancient old cop show I remember from then. It can't be dated then! <grovels>

cocolepew Fri 08-Aug-08 19:31:26

Dempsey and Makepeace

southeastastra Fri 08-Aug-08 19:31:39

it's retro chic grin though i guess mine is more spinal tap than blondie

Collision Fri 08-Aug-08 19:33:22

I am 37 and sick of being a fake blonde as the roots always need doing and it is such high maintenance so I had it dyed a chestnut brown and cut into a pob!

Much better now.

Not that that helps you though. Are you a natural blonde? I just think some of those styles are a bit dated (IMHO)

southeastastra Fri 08-Aug-08 19:35:34

yes getting sick of highlights now. they do ruin yer hair

cocolepew Fri 08-Aug-08 19:35:48

How do you dress? Not much point having a rock chick hair cut if you dress like Maggie Thatcher

zippitippitoes Fri 08-Aug-08 19:36:01

i think all those they have striking faces

the hair is secondary and masy just look a mess depending what you look like

i wouldnt say ooh great hair in any of those pics tbh

cocolepew Fri 08-Aug-08 19:37:32

<<glares at zippi for dissing Debbie>>

turquoise Fri 08-Aug-08 19:50:31

Good points about their faces and clothes - I don't dress like Maggie T but my face isn't particularly striking.

I think I just want to have a last ditch attempt at being Blondie before I crumble into old age.

Not naturally blonde - more mousey, but have dyed for so long I can't remember my natural colour. Lots of grey.

May come back later after a few glasses and put a pic of me on my profile, that would help I guess.

southeastastra Fri 08-Aug-08 19:51:13

yes put a pic up! i do quite like my straw blonde though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now