Talk

Advanced search

Wedding woes - pleeeeease help!

(16 Posts)
hotcrossbunny Fri 08-Aug-08 16:26:55

I'm off to a wedding next weekend. Dh is an usher, wearing morning suit, so I feel I have to try to scrub up reasonably well too.

On impulse, I bought a black and white spotty maxi dress(so last year???) which is quite low cut, but dsis says I've got it, so should flaunt ithmm

My question is, now I'm lumbered with it, what should I wear with it? Shoes, bag, wrap maybe? Colour? I'm not good at accessorising, but am going to have to face it. Probably going shopping tomorrow, so high street buys best.

Help all you lovely fashionistasgrin

RubySlippers Fri 08-Aug-08 16:28:20

with a flowing maxi dress you don't want a long shawl so would go for a close fitting, fine cardigan or something similar

i would go for black but i am fairly dull grin

Twinkie1 Fri 08-Aug-08 16:29:10

Wear red with black and white spots.

Twinkie1 Fri 08-Aug-08 16:29:38

Just plain red I mean not with black and white spots for accessories.

kormachameleon Fri 08-Aug-08 16:30:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kormachameleon Fri 08-Aug-08 16:38:45

hotcrossbunny Fri 08-Aug-08 16:44:09

You're all wonderfulgrin didn't expect such fast answers. I'm liking the idea of red!

kormachameleon Fri 08-Aug-08 16:48:12

hotcrossbunny Fri 08-Aug-08 16:50:08

Oh! Hadn't thought of something in my hairshock is it necessary????

hotcrossbunny Fri 08-Aug-08 16:50:52

Have wavy shoulder length hair, but am considering straightening it for the day.

kormachameleon Fri 08-Aug-08 16:51:28

hotcrossbunny Sat 09-Aug-08 21:41:40

Thank you so so much for your help so farsmile

Today I bought gorgeous gorgeous strappy red satin shoes. They're sooooo comfy, and make my legs look fab too! Also red clutch bag, also satin. Again lovely.

So, my plea tonight, is to find me a red shrug/bolero thing. I can find virtually any other colour, but not redsad The dress has a deep V neck, with a black rosette thing in between my norks, so i need a bolero thingy which doesn't cover that if poss, or it looks silly.

Help!

traceybath Sat 09-Aug-08 21:54:43

red or black

just wondering if red shrug may be a bit to much red?? and black may look bettrer?

jojosmaman Sat 09-Aug-08 22:11:38

black shrug imo

hotcrossbunny Sat 09-Aug-08 22:30:51

Ah, I did wonder thatsmile

Um, I do like that one, but it's a bit pricey. But, black would make one easier to find, so maybe I 'll spot one tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now