Talk

Advanced search

'Shapewear' - Spanx, Miraclesuit - or something else?

(5 Posts)
whinegums Fri 08-Aug-08 12:57:45

Hello, I want to get something to hold my post-baby tum in, to wear under a dress at a family party soon. Are Spanx any good? I think I need something high waisted and short style; the flab has to go somewhere and I don't want rolls of it oozing at the edges! Would be grateful for any recommendations. Ta ladies!

onceinalifetime Fri 08-Aug-08 13:08:38

I've got a Spanx bodysuit that goes right up to your bra and down to your knees - looks awful but squashes everything in. Agent Provocateur Mama knickers highly recommended too and more comfortable to be honest. I've also got a Wacoal (sp?) big knickers thing but it rolls down and is useless.

Shameless plug - I am selling a spare Spanx (brand new) one on ebay at the moment as I went mad and spent over £300 on every type of flab squashing garment I could find and will never wear them all. Spanx suit cost £50 and I think they go for about half that on ebay.

SheikYerbouti Fri 08-Aug-08 13:20:23

Spanx higher power have changed my life

Magic Knicker shop vg

I have ordered from them before, they usually deliver v quickly

miomaolalalalala Fri 08-Aug-08 13:57:39

can recommend one...called 'girl from ipanema' (i think) and makes everything smoother. from bra to above knees.

whinegums Fri 08-Aug-08 14:04:33

Thank you, knew I could rely on MN - will check all these out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now