Talk

Advanced search

Problem!, losing weight but need clothes NOW for hol in Sept..what to do?

(8 Posts)
PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 09:54:38

have lost over 2st in 8 weeks, ive now gone from size 22 to a size 18, we go away end of sept, but obv by then no were will be selling nice summery things, so really i need to start looking now, but what do i do size wise?

i estimate ill lose another stone before we go(hopefullysmile), no idea what this will mean size wise, so do i buy 18's/16's what??have never been below 18 in years so dont want to 'cover up' would rather wear things that are well fitting but if i buy smaller now what if my shape doesnt change that mucha nd they still look tigher??
help!

witchandchips Fri 08-Aug-08 09:57:26

where are you going? could you buy stuff when you're there?

PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 10:00:15

Not really, we're going to Cyprus, we went same palce last year (we're not boring, jsut went to wedding last year and didnt get to do much, so going back to have our own holsmile)and it was mainly souvenier shops and not the kind of clothes shops id buy from, not my style..am used to shopping in evans, dorothy perkins etc, but dont want tents anymore, want nice clothes but not small enough for top shop et all yetsmile

Stargazing Fri 08-Aug-08 10:15:56

well done!
your loss might slow down now that the initial loss has happened, so bear that in mind
Can you buy wrap styles, which will fit whether 18/ 16 whatever?

what's your ideal holiday capsule wardrobe? what items are you thinking?

PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 11:23:04

well last year was was red hot but we went middle of Aug, so will be mid 30's in sept this year, so still hot.

last year i LIVED in swimsuit and sarong (blacksmile) through day and either cropped trousers and vest top or maxi dress on a night.

i love maxi dresses but last years obv look silly now and 'too' smocky.

basically my only good point are my boobssmile, so i prefer v neck kind of tops, dont mind sleeveless on hol (bingo wings look less flabby with a tan!), cropped trousers and long coole maxi dresses.

HAve bought one maxi dress in sale from monsoon which was fitted around bust and flowed/dropped under bust, it is and 18 and i love itsmile but im guessing it may be warm as it is fitted at top??..argh, i awnt to look NICE instead of the usual stuff i buy chaply as i dont feel i look good in anything anyway, this year ill be (hopefully) 3 stone lighter and want to make an effort..does that make any sense??smile

PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 11:45:28

Also i need some new swimsuits, dont like idea of tankini's as my roll will bulge in middle, but am sick of shapeless dark sports ones..dont have huge budget, looked on simply be but nothing caught my eye, would like to make most of norks but dont mindsmile

witchandchips Fri 08-Aug-08 11:51:29

this is gorgeous

PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 14:34:45

it is, but not sure i would as marilyn monroe as herhmm..plus dont have £65 for a batehrshock..wish i did!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now