Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bag Ladies - I need a new bag - is there an 'in' type to have or colour for winter?

(11 Posts)
andyrobo237 Thu 07-Aug-08 22:28:43

I 'need' a new day bag - but not sure where to go to get a decent one. I usually spend upto £150 and have previously got Radley ones, as they are lovely.

But now I see that everyone has them with the little dog on show, so they are becoming, dare I say it, common!

So what is the new label to buy or to I nip down to Primark and get a bag for a fiver!

I do want it to last, but not date, so needs to be not too outlandish!

Any ideas out there? Not too bigas I am only little.

annh Thu 07-Aug-08 22:47:55

Well some magazine this week has a patent bag from Primark for 8 quid which is apparently their "must-buy". Comes in red, green and purple, I think. Purple apparently big this winter. Also, See by Chloe is apparently launching a range of handbags, priced around 100-150 pounds. There was an article about them in Sunday Times a few months ago and they looked lush. Sadly, everywhere I have asked about them, they don't seem to know although stockists are supposed to be HoF, Selfridges etc. Think it is possibly an Autumn range and Times jumped the gun with the article. Know what you mean about the Radley dog - it's getting to be a bit like Burberry check!

Stargazing Fri 08-Aug-08 08:08:40

I know I keep promoting these bags but I don't work for them, honest - just think they are beautiful

with a bit of a conscience too, apparently!

andyrobo237 Fri 08-Aug-08 20:48:02

Interesting!

I saw a couple of lovely ones in Debenhams today - by Matthew Williamson - sort of a tan colour - this one here

Although I do quite like the idea of a deep blue one or deep purple - will have have to brave a trip to Primark - wont harm to have more than one!!

JulesJules Fri 08-Aug-08 20:57:07

Red Direct have some lovely ones, a few in purple shades, and also patent, here

joliejolie Sat 09-Aug-08 01:27:05

I saw a fantastic leather bag at Gap today. It was quite large and came in black and tan.

I also used to wear Radley, but now I prefer Coccinelle.

joliejolie Sat 09-Aug-08 01:30:03

I was going to add the website for Coccinelle, but hit enter too soon blush.

www.concinelle.com

joliejolie Sat 09-Aug-08 01:31:01

On a roll tonight...

www.coccinelle.com

andyrobo237 Sat 09-Aug-08 08:00:36

They are great - just need to locate a retailer locally!

joliejolie Sat 09-Aug-08 12:30:44

So many bags are purple and blue this year. If you are near a John Lewis or HOF, it would be a good idea to have a look at loads to see which ones you like.

andyrobo237 Sat 09-Aug-08 20:32:11

Good Idea - we have a new large JL close by - any excuse for a trip out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now