Talk

Advanced search

I hate hairdressers!

(5 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Thu 07-Aug-08 18:07:00

Ok, so I spoke to people on here. I asked for recommendations on a local mailing list. I went to a hairdresser who was strongly recommended. And I don't like the cut. sad

It's early days, he just did it today, but I wanted to keep some length, I wanted a bit of life, and I didn't want a cut that needs gel. I got a short cut that (in theory) needs gel.

Was my mistake dressing in shorts and a tshirt? Do they give you a more 'girly' cut if you dress like a girl? Gah.

southeastastra Thu 07-Aug-08 18:49:53

oh no, thought you were worried by the earlier thread.

ThePettyandIllinformedGoat Thu 07-Aug-08 18:52:15

i think if you (ahem) alittle older than 30 short hair cuts always require 'product'. i recommend bed head 'hard to get' to reduce the well used tennis ball effect.

i am sure you look lovely you just have to get used to it.

i always wear makeup and nice clothes for a haircut.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 07-Aug-08 18:53:31

I never wear makeup.

And product is really not me. I spend a lot of time on my bike (helmet) or otherwise wearing a hat (sun or winter), or climbing, or running. The combination of product + sweat + headgear = disaster, doesn't it?

Worried by what earlier thread?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 07-Aug-08 21:53:16

Ok, it looks better now I've showered. God it looked assy styled the way he'd done it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now