Talk

Advanced search

(60 Posts)
andyrobo237 Thu 07-Aug-08 13:22:39

As it says really - just trying to see how many people dislike them, as they are so popular. smile

Not sure what I dont like about them, but they just look odd ....

Do not even bother to discuss on here why you like them - go and start your own counter-thread!!!!!!!!! grin

Pinkjenny Thu 07-Aug-08 13:23:53

Hideous, rubber type canal shoe thingies.

But then, I love my Uggs (in the winter), so each to their own!

whooosh Thu 07-Aug-08 13:26:40

Think they are fab for under 10s-anything over and....well.....hideous

Overmydeadbody Thu 07-Aug-08 13:27:17

signing in

shrinkingsagpuss Thu 07-Aug-08 13:27:26

me me me me me

girlnextdoor Thu 07-Aug-08 13:27:38

They should be banned- how an anyone think they look NICE? shock

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 07-Aug-08 13:29:30

i dont understand why so many people buy them. fine for holidays i suppose but for the school run? on a 4 y o ? why?

there are so many nice shoes to choose from why pick those things?

JT Thu 07-Aug-08 13:31:36

I hated them,

till I tried them

they're great

JRocks Thu 07-Aug-08 13:32:21

A resounding NO to crocs and crocalikes. DS doesn't have any, although I think that small children are the only people that could wear them. At a push. But no, I really don't like them.

Especially those that wear an otherwise smart outfit, all nicely co-ordinated, and you look down at their feet and they have on Yellow Crocs! Wtf?

Jbck Thu 07-Aug-08 13:33:40

They make me think of upside down shopping baskets on feet for some reason. You know the plastic ones.

Can't stick them, especially when you see a whole family in them, would you go out & buy 5 pairs of shoes in the same style in different colours for your family - no!

MmeLindt Thu 07-Aug-08 13:34:49

No. Not signing.

<<waves Crocs at computer>>

<<defiant>>

ghosty Thu 07-Aug-08 13:39:14

I am in the 'over my dead body' camp.
I recently broke my foot and haven't been able to wear shoes. Several people have suggested that Crocs are just the thing.

I am mostly wearing my slippers. Wore them to the supermarket today. It will be a cold day in hell the day I wear crocs.

Hrrrmph.

JT Thu 07-Aug-08 13:41:07

well ghosty going to the supermarket in your slippers will have made them filthy and not fit for inside the house. how much easier to slip them off at the door and put on your Croc's? waterproof and FEEL like slippers.

don't knock em til you've tried em!

corblimeymadam Thu 07-Aug-08 13:41:29

Message withdrawn

Tidgypuds Thu 07-Aug-08 13:46:38

I personally cant stand them.
They are garden shoes and no matter what anyone else says they will always be gardening or garden footwear.
Not tesco nor trips to the swimming baths or the school run or even nipping to local shop.

The only thing worse than crocs? Crocs with croc jewellery or flower attachments now they are hideous.

hatrick Thu 07-Aug-08 13:50:26

Message withdrawn

shhhh Thu 07-Aug-08 13:52:42

slippers to the supermarket hmm and you won't wear crocs hmm.

Those of you who won't wear them..have you ever tried genuine one..?

and for lo's, I can't see why not..light, comfy, breathable, non rub shoes. Ideal in summer...unlike shoes and sandles (clarks etc..)

ash6605 Thu 07-Aug-08 13:54:07

WELL.......i have to admit to being a bit of a hypocrite really.Although I can't stand them and would never wear them myself,I confess I've bought some for ds(8) and dd(4) mainly for Legoland splashpark last week as it seemed to be the only shoe available that was practical,waterproof etc. dd has now taken to them and wants to wear them when shes playing out!!

TheQueenIsDead Thu 07-Aug-08 14:01:35

I hate them on adults but they look cute on the children (aged 4 and 5) especially with the Jibbitz on them.

docket Thu 07-Aug-08 14:06:08

Passable on small feet and obviously practical.

Utterly, utterly hideous on adult feet grin

kiskidee Thu 07-Aug-08 14:07:58

I think Crocs are ugly but I am a whore when it comes to comfy feet so I am using being pregnant as the excuse to wear them.

macherie Thu 07-Aug-08 14:13:54

They are vile

ChairmumMiaow Thu 07-Aug-08 14:21:08

HATE HATE HATE!

Yes, crocs are dreadful. SIL (27) wears them and bought some for MIL(54). MIL now wears them with her one tidy outfit. They are luminous green.

OK so MIL has no dress sense anyway, but that's just one step too far!

MmeLindt Thu 07-Aug-08 14:47:59

Belgianbun
When my DS started kindergarten he was only just toilet trained a couple of weeks. After washing his slippers 3 times in one week I bought him Crocs. They were great, just needed a quick rinse and then back on his feet.

Popilol Thu 07-Aug-08 15:49:29

Truly horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now